Business Development, Retail
SPINS is seeking a world class Business Development, Retail to join its growing Retail team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a Business Development, Retail this role will be a significant contributor to SPINS’ overall growth and mission with responsibility for bringing new SPINS retailer partnerships with particular focus on innovative retailers including regional, e-commerce and independent retailers across a variety of industries.
- Proactively engage with prospective retail partners to join the SPINS network and receive valuable services and insights on trending products to enhance their customer relationships.
- Prospect, engage and sell new retailers using a personalized consulting mindset to match retailer needs with applicable SPINS services
- Establish, input and track a pipeline of leads for prospective partners in Salesforce CRM software and successfully onboard new retailer partners - all in an accelerated manner in order to expedite the benefits to the new retail partner.
- Relentlessly follow up with prospective leads demonstrating urgency and a passion for the benefits and differentiation that SPINS services can bring for the retailer.
- Exceed defined membership goals through strategic account planning, networking and use of company resources.
- Provide top-notch customer service at all times and demonstrate authenticity in SPINS’ desire to bring profitable growth to targeted retailers through effective use of the SPINS portfolio of services. Work effectively with third parties such as distributors to build and implement recruiting strategies designed to build mutual benefit for both parties with focus on retailer growth.
- Use SPINS industry leading Natural, Organic, Specialty Product Market Research to uncover insights within the data that can bring success to prospective retailer partners and effectively portray SPINS as a thought leader in the industry and brings personalization to how these insights will benefit the retailer by joining SPINS
- Create genuine value for clients thereby helping grow SPINS’ capabilities and further enhancing credibility in our retailer commitment
What you bring.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Marketing or Information Technology (or related degree)
- 3-5 years of experience in business development
- Experience in fostering ‘cold leads’ through to effective partnership creation.
- Experience selling Software as a Service is required
- Experience using CRM systems – Salesforce a plus
- Great phone skills and likes talking on the phone
- Possesses professional communication skills, with the ability to write friendly, clear, eloquent emails and conduct numerous daily phone calls with ease
- Independent work and self-motivated – the team is small, the goals are large
- Super organized and HIGHLY detailed oriented, can multi-task like a BOSS
- Upbeat, energetic and positive, outgoing, charismatic people person
- A desire to grow and learn - Not afraid to ask questions
- Hungry for success and willing to work both smart and hard to achieve goals
- Passion for and experience in the food industry a plus!
- Experience in retail (direct or working in close alignment)
- Ability to travel up to 30% to cover retailer meetings, trade shows & industry events
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.