Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies and one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech startups in the world, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded (we just raised a $50M Series B led by Kleiner Perkins), we have an awesome team, an unbelievable product... and product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the Role:
Cameo has the opportunity to positively disrupt the talent landscape and the way that brands work and engage with talent. You'll help write the partnerships playbook, and we hope you've been able to do this before at companies like FB, Uber, Pinterest, Google, Airbnb, Twitter, Snap, etc.
How you'll crush it:
- Be passionate about the way Cameo can work with companies through integrations, partnerships, and media/advertising opportunities.
- Help Cameo disrupt the talent/fan engagement space through partnerships with brands, digital media companies, and studios.
- Lead the partnership and deal process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting, and implementation to create win-win partnerships for Cameo and its partners.
- Structure exciting and creative partnerships with companies that align with Cameo’s brand and core KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally with Cameo’s Talent, Product, Marketing and Legal and Finance teams.
- Help identify opportunities for international growth and expansion.
- Ability to understand and communicate how technical and business details connect to business outcomes and strategy.
- Build relationships with key executives at target companies and leverage existing relationships to uncover and pursue growth opportunities.
- Work closely with our talent ecosystem to generate more revenue opportunities via brand and advertising partnerships.
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of business development experience at a leading tech, media, or digitally native vertical brand.
- 2+ years of corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, or private equity experience.
- A 4-year degree from a top university (MBA preferred).
- Ability to build and lead a team with ample autonomy
- Be an experienced and inspirational leader.
- Be known in your current job as someone with intellectual curiosity, lack of self-entitlement, a great attitude, a hard worker (first in, last out) and grit.
- Be extremely self-motivated and someone who shuns mediocrity.