Purpose of the Role:
Pampered Chef, a global brand delivering high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Due to our expediential growth we are looking for a Buyer that will be responsible for analyzing from end to end North American inventory. This role will work cross functionally with many departments including Quality, Accounting, Distribution, Product Development, and etc.
- Responsible for end to end procurement of imported products.
- Optimizes the balance between supply availability, inventory investment and risk of obsolescence while leveraging data analytics.
- Ensure availability of product through delivery of supplier forecast, supplier collaborations and effective communications.
- Work closely with China team to manage Suppliers.
- Work with China Team, Demand Planning, and Sourcing to achieve inventory standards.
- Proactively Identify and communicate supply chain issues that could affect fill rate and inventory turn KPI’s.
Competencies for Success:
- Financial Acumen
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
Measures of Success:
- Improve fill rate
- Reduce backorders and stop sells
- Maintain targeted inventory levels
- Minimize expedited freight cost
- Accuracy and maintenance of open orders
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred