Buyer at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:13 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 28, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The buyer is responsible for the profitable procurement and timely delivery of products. Works closely with Senior management to achieve the goals of the company. Procures product in accordance with all policies and procedures established by the company.
- Forecast and maintain proper inventory levels by consistently reviewing weeks of supply and sell thru against selling trends and adjust open-to-buy to drive profitability.
- Conduct a thorough weekly review of business with the manufacturing teams in order to monitor and react to business needs; manage an Open-to-Buy to maximize sales, inventory and turn; and present financial forecast and supporting action plans at Weekly Business Reviews to management.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities.
- Conduct post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met and develop solutions and recommendations for go forward strategies.
- Select and negotiate with vendors on products, pricing, delivery and terms.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our vendors. Strategically scout new product categories and trends.
- Responsibilities include PO management, including data entry, communication to vendors and tracking through to store receipt.
- Review and resolve inventory discrepancies at store level as a result of order issues
- Enter Pricing/promotions into the POS system.
- Manage periodic competitive shopping to gain a comprehensive understanding of trends and pricing across the industry.
- Maintain and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external.
- Visit stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store feedback and to assess overall implementation effectiveness.
- Performs other ad hoc duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3 plus years of Purchasing or Vendor Management experience in retail: cannabis experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with an advanced understanding of retail math concepts.
- Understanding of perishable procurement, logistics, inventory management, marketing, accounting and financial management practices.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to take initiative and make fact based decisions.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong computer aptitude in MS-Office including Word, Excel and Access. Experience with purchasing and accounting software.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to learning and continuous development
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the local state licensing entity to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description