Carrier Relations Representative at Forager
Carrier Relations Representative
Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’re looking for Carrier Relations Representatives to join our team. We’re looking for highly motivated, high-achieving individuals with sales experience who make every interaction count. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you thrive on going above and beyond in a fast-paced environment.
- Build relationships and develop a network of reliable carriers.
- Manage uncovered loads and clear the load board before the end of every day, ensuring on-time pickups for all customers.
- Make calls to carriers and drivers to track loads while they are en route.
- Assist sales/operations in pricing freight.
- Discuss account strategy with carrier relations manager.
- Contribute to an environment that empowers individuals while building a strong sense of team.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the carrier market and ability to identify trends.
What You'll Bring:
- Strong work ethic and persistence combined with patience and a positive attitude.
- Well established organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and resourcefulness to and resolve issues efficiently.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial type willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done.
- 1+ years of experience building carrier relationships and/or booking loads in a freight brokerage or similar environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish or French) a HUGE plus.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of the 2020 year. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ once it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.