Channel Development Manager
SPINS is seeking a world class Channel Development Manager to join its growing Retail Development team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a Channel Development Manager, you will be responsible for penetrating and fully assimilating within the CPG and Grocery organization.
- Collaborate to ensure partnership goals are met. This includes retailer membership, distributor engagement and manufacturer endorsement
- Become a subject matter expert (SME), the manager develops strategic and tactical business initiatives for leading retailers in the health and wellness products industry
- Proactively engage with prospect retail partners to join the SPINS coalition and receive valuable data and insights on trending products
- Use SPINS industry leading Natural, Organic, Specialty Product Market Research to uncover insights within the data and serve as a thought leader in the industry
- Prospect, engage and sell new retailers as well as a personalized consulting mindset
- Establish leads, track a pipeline of prospects, and onboard new retail partners
- Maintain meaningful SPINS presence within the health-conscious population, leading high-impact initiatives and having the ability to influence and adapt quickly to the ever-changing business environment
What you bring.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development and/or account relationship with a Retailer, Distributor, Broker or Manufacturer
- Strategic critical thinker with strong business acumen and professionalism
- Solutions-driven mindset
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experienced in Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel up to 30% to cover retailer meetings, trade shows & industry events
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or Finance
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.