Channel Sales Executive at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe North America Commercial Markets and Channel Sales team works with Approved Partners to provide extraordinary solutions to ensure that the needs of public safety and commercial customers are continuously met.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- In the Channel Sales Executive Role, the primary function is to help develop existing and new account system business, in support of our Motorola’s Authorized Reseller Channel Partners.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue and project quota focused on North America PCR System Platforms, subscriber products, services, consoles, accessories and applications.
- Emphasis will be placed on “NEW” Account Development, complementary to our Commercial Account Team.
- 80% of time focused on end user engagements with or without a channel partner will be required to help increase channel system success, and business growth.
- Work with vertical marketing teams to identify end user engagement opportunities through associations or conferences.
- Meets assigned sales targets overall, orders/revenue and large project goals.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned channel partner accounts.
- Leads Radio and Data system solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Understand the value of MOTOTRBO Applications and provide guidance on the solution selection and integration.
- Lead & develop with Channel Partner $250K+ projects using documented MSI Sales Tools and Documented Funnel Management Methodology.
- Prospecting on a daily basis using all tools available will be key to the success of this position.
- Facilitate and Develop Commercial System Opportunities, in conjunction with local Channel Account Managers, Channel Partners, and Spectrum License Holders.
- Participate and support Partner Quarterly Business Reviews, Dealer Sales Rep training, channel partner Open House end user seminars, Webinar’s and Channel Account Manager driven training efforts.
- Identify, evaluate and qualify strategic channel partners with strong system expertise, capability, desire and commitment to invest in system solutions.
- Attain “Trusted Advisor” status with customers and Channel Partners to enable increased System and Business Development.
- Sales Forecasting as required
- Understand the value of industry specific applications for our products and provide guidance on their selection and integration
- Ability to coach and mentor new sales reps within our Channel community
- Knowledge of salesforce.com is preferable but not required
- Social media marketing skills
- Participate in and support Channel Partner Reviews, Sales training, and trade shows
- Proven closing skills with emphasis on velocity through the funnel
- Full understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Proven funnel development through aggressive prospecting
- Bachelor's degree
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.