Channel Sales Manager at Ascent
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product, including willingness to tackle projects head on and excitement about personal growth.
You will help build, manage, and potentially lead the Channel Sales business for Ascent. The role focuses on recruiting, signing, and executing plans with strategic Channel Sales relationships for Ascent. This work will include working with some of the world’s largest technology vendors and consulting organizations as well as specialized compliance consulting firms.
- Proven experience in signing new partnerships and realizing the value from those partnerships, ideally from large technology and consulting providers
- Have worked extensively in the Hi-tech market and/or emerging technologies, experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
- Creation of unique value propositions for each partner
- Good working knowledge of modern technologies e.g. API to interface with Ascent’s Product Team for any specific partner requirements
- Implemented productivity programs with partners to increase sales
- On-going management of strategic relationships
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing existing Channel Partner relationships
- Recruiting and signing new Channel Partner relationships
- Coordinating the enablement of the Channel Partners with Customer Success
- Coordinating with Ascent Account Executives on individual deals referred to Ascent
- Establishing productivity metrics for each partner and holding them accountable to those metrics
- Managing the lead registration process including resolving conflicts
- Coordinating the sale of individual deals with Ascent Account Executives
- Management of the Channel Sales relationships and referred deals in the company CRM
- Complex selling, including multiple buyers
- Sales process and qualification
- Relationship management, internally and externally
- Negotiation of complex transactions
- Presentation skills
- Holding people accountable
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Channel Sales
- Enjoy sharing and relating new concepts to others, in this case partners
- Organized and very detail oriented – you’ll have to keep track of a lot of different sales cycles without letting anything slip through the cracks
- Collaborative and work well within a team, and can potentially lead a team
- Flexible, able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!