Channel Strategist at Jellyvision
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
Over 100 brokerage firms, carriers and consultants win new business and retain existing customers re-selling ALEX. Among these channel partners are some of the largest and most recognizable brokers, carriers and consultants in the country. You will be contributing to the growth of ALEX by leading and directing a team of Broker Account Executives in the identification and onboarding of previously unfamiliar brokers affiliated with our largest National Partners.
As a Channel Strategist you will be tasked with the following:
- Increasing the Health of your National Offices per Jellyvision’s Channel Health Score.
- Identifying, strengthening and maintaining relationships with RVP’s and key executive leadership that will be key to Office Health and Broker identification.
- Leveraging your existing network to build a more thorough blue-print of national/regional org. charts that will serve as the foundation for your team’s outreach efforts.
- Assisting your team in identifying Health & Benefits addressable market within their assigned Regional Offices to support prioritization of daily activity.
- Supporting your team in executing against Jellyvision’s playbook for finding new possible customers while working towards increased conversion from prospective customer to closed-won business.
- Supporting Jellyvision’s Account Executives on the Direct sales side of the business in carrying broker led, supported prospective customers across the finish line.
- Collaborating with all divisions of Jellyvision from Business Development Representatives to to Implementation Experts to Account Managers as our channel division is truly an end-to-end process.
- Coaching, managing and developing your direct reports to be whip-smart industry experts that deliver best-in-class service and support to our broker partners.
Additionally, you will help Jellyvision by:
- Being an industry expert:This one is really important. We’d love 5+ years of management experience in the individual and/or group health insurance sales sector. You should know the broker ecosystem and what makes them tick, worry, and win. Experience directly managing the success of a pivotal brokerage relationship is ideal. An understanding of the policy issues associated with the Affordable Care Act and the Marketplace environment as well as the accompanying rules and regulations as they impact our Channel Partners directly would certainly be a perk.
- Tapping your industry contacts: Leveraging your existing relationships to grow Jellyvision’s presence within the broker community will aid in faster growth and speed to market and play a pivotal role in your success.
- Coaching and Creating Top Talent: You will be responsible for the revenue goals and quota that your direct reports carry. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for meeting with your direct reports one-on-one weekly to review their pipeline and ensure they have a path for future development that is being consistently supported by growth activities. You’ll routinely shadow calls and hold feedback sessions with your team to ensure sales skills and industry expertise are constantly honed and sharpened.
- Maintaining Team Dynamics: You’ll be responsible for fostering and enabling a culture of high-performance, collaboration, curiosity, and fun.
- Understanding the Broker as the Customer: You will play a critical role in Jellyvision better understanding Broker’s as our primary customer for employers with under 1,000 benefits eligible employees. You will be critical to helping Jellyvision help brokers by leveraging your industry expertise, existing network and impeccable sales chops to support the growth of Jellyvision’s Channel Sales program.
- Growing ALEX DIY: The growth of our ALEX ‘Do It Yourself’ platform - which is available exclusively to our Broker partners - will play a critical role in 2019 Jellyvision sales success. This will require flawless playbook execution to build awareness of this offering and ensure our partners have what they need to autonomously sell and market the solution.
- Acting as an Enterprise Account Strategist: The broker relationships you and your team foster will also play a pivotal role in the identification of net-new opportunities for direct sales partners in upstream markets (1,000-6000 lives). You will support our direct account executives in strategizing with key broker, consultant, and carrier partners to win these large and complex cases.
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!