Closing Facilitator at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Required Skills and Traits:
- Clear focus on detail and ability to recognize inconsistencies in data/documents.
- Knowledge of Qualified Mortgage regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of Closing and Legal Documents:
- Loan Estimate.
- Closing Disclosure.
- Title Commitment.
- Insurance Documents (Hazard, Flood, Mortgage Insurance).
- Knowledge of MDIA Disclosure timing and APR rules.
- Knowledge of TRID fee tolerance comparisons and change of circumstance.
- Understanding of compliance, origination, closing, or processing roles.
- Inputting title company fees with proper finance charge selection
- Understanding fee tolerances, how to handle tolerance violations, when 3 day wait periods apply.
- Review compliance audits specific to TRID messages, fee compliance and APR tolerances to ensure there are no issues.
- Preparation of the Closing Disclosure via Encompass
- Ensure the Closing Disclosure is fully complete, accurate, and compliant. Including but is not limited to:
- POC amounts properly applied
- Fees disclosed in the proper sections
- Fees correctly marked finance or non-finance charge
- Escrows set up per Guaranteed Rate policy
- Keep TRID form in LOS system up to date:
- Ensure all data entry is completed to ensure accurate reporting and to ensure Loan Officer (and team) have visibility to the steps that have been completed.
- Update status notes within the TRID form regarding communication with Loan Officer, Closing, and Post-Closing.
- Monitor pipeline to ensure:
- CDs are going out according to policy
- CDs are being delivered to applicable parties in a timely manner
- Interacting with the Loan Officer (and team)
- Interacting with the Settlement Agent
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.