Compliance Associate, Account Review at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Associate, Account Review
Gemini is looking for a smart, friendly individual that is organized, detail-oriented and eager to contribute to a world-class compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm well-positioned for success.
- Perform periodic and trigger-based institutional account reviews inclusive of KYC refresh, transactional analysis, and reviews of customer blockchain activity to identify potential red-flags and escalate as appropriate
- Perform quality control and final approval on account review submissions by external compliance personnel ensuring accuracy and providing constructive feedback as needed
- Interface with the Business Development team to ensure high priority customer accounts are reviewed in a timely manner
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the enterprise to address compliance related issues
- Ensure clear and concise customer communication during the RFI process
- Identify procedural inefficiencies and help develop and drive process improvements
- Perform ad-hoc special projects as required
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent
- 3-4 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on transactional analysis, forensic accounting or other investigative functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of success and results, ideally in a high-growth or entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed
- Previous experience performing KYC and periodic account reviews, including assessment of customer risk and transaction analysis
- Strong understanding of transaction pattern red flags
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CAMS, CFE
- Working knowledge of digital asset trading and blockchain technology, including previous experience working with blockchain analytics tools
- Familiarity with building out Confluence pages
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language ability
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory landscape and fast-paced business environment
- Experience working with data analytics tools such as Looker
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.