Morningstar’s Workplace/Retirement group seeks a motivated Consultant Relations Expert to drive asset growth and distribution of our managed accounts, CIT Target Date, and custom model offerings including our new platform for advisors, Advisor Managed Accounts, through consultant and/or advisory firms.
As a Consultant Relations, you will establish and build relationships with assigned advisory and consulting firms. In addition, you will partner with Sales on new opportunities, collaborate with Marketing and Client Service on initiatives and join in client meetings, methodology and investment related topics/discussions and consultant due diligence requests. As a Consultant Relations, you will be an ambassador of Morningstar to the defined contribution consulting community.
• Become a subject matter expert on Morningstar Retirement Products, Solutions, and Services
• Further develop, strengthen and drive successes for client relationships through your ability to partner with consulting firms
• Expand understanding and knowledge for Morningstar retirement products within the consulting and advisory industries
• Collaborate with Morningstar Product team to ensure consultant feedback and implications are being represented in product roadmap decisions
• Help record keepers strategize on programs and initiatives to further drive adoption of our joint offerings
• Coordinate with record keepers consultant relations
• Monitor and provide feedback on client and competitive activities in the marketplace
• Support Sales and Client Service n new opportunities or expansion of current Morningstar products and services
• 10+ years of experience within a(n) investment management/defined contribution/financial service environment
• Knowledge of defined contribution industry
• Experience working with the consulting community
• Familiarity with Morningstar’s retirement offerings
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
• Can independently organize many moving parts to multiple client and consultant relationships
• Experience collaborating with sales and client service team members
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Willingness to travel 50% of your time
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.