Copywriter at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a creative, quick-thinking Copywriter to support our Sales team.
Marketing our services is very important to the work we do here at PerkSpot. As our in-house Sales Copywriter, you will be responsible for owning the PerkSpot brand and voice, and writing compelling copy for Sales use across a variety of mediums. Your experience in writing, along with a passion for the PerkSpot mission of helping people, will help you succeed in this role.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Marketing Team
The Marketing team at PerkSpot is small, but mighty. It’s comprised of talented individuals with a vision for success. Through collaboration with them and close work with the Sales team, you will define the PerkSpot mission, voice, and tone, and use this to develop marketing materials and Sales presentations that will generate leads and actionable business for both our internal and external Sales teams.
Life as the Sales Copywriter:
- Learning the ins and outs of the PerkSpot brand; developing a content style guide
- Acting as the main authority on the PerkSpot voice and tone, and making sure all outgoing marketing and sales materials align together
- Write content for a variety of sales mediums - presentations, collateral, one sheets, etc.
- Editing existing sales collateral for voice and tone, as well as content
- Attending sales demos and presentations and advising the team on how best to represent the PerkSpot brand through words
- Functioning as the main authority on all things content and copy
- Supporting relevant KPIs like lead volume, customer acquisition, etc.
- Support the member communications team with ad hoc projects as needed
- Attending team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and active marketing strategies
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in copy development and copyediting, ideally writing for an audience of mid- to senior-level company leadership
- The confidence to own PerkSpot’s brand voice, and the vision for its success
- Experience with or understanding of the enterprise sales process preferred
- Background working within the HR industry is a plus!
- Understanding of the current competitive landscape and marketing industry
- Creative and thoughtful approach to copywriting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; talent for collaboration
- Ability to multitask, learn quickly, and meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
- Proficiency in Pardot and Salesforce, with experience developing landing pages is a plus
- Applicable industry knowledge and relevant marketing skills
- Exceptional data analysis and project management skills; ability to distill complex data into actionable insights
- Sense of urgency with experience meeting strict deadlines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Your First Few Months
We’ll begin by teaching you every step of the sales process and get you acclimated to our company culture. You’ll then be immersed in learning all about our identity - visually and tonally - as well as our unique value proposition, and what makes us different from the rest. Soon you will partner with the Client Success and Sales teams to learn all about their current communication and marketing strategies, and once you have a grasp on that you will start suggesting places for improvement. Soon, you will serve as the main voice behind the PerkSpot Sales brand, functioning as our in-house authority on all things content and tone.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.