Corporate Field Sales Executive (Chicago)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With 75,000 restaurants and 10 million diners across 1,300 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
***This will be a half office/half remote role***
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Conduct daily in person cold calls, walk-in meetings, schedule in person presentations, and sign new corporate diners
- Exceed individual high volume sales goals while working as part of a team
- Represent Grubhub’s core values while working face to face with prospects and clients
- Execute all required tasks on time and with high quality results
- Be the local market expert: gather restaurant feedback, monitor competitor activity, and provide recommendations for improvements to management
You Should Have
- A friendly, likable, and professional demeanor that doesn't take no for an answer
- A desire to sign up tons of clients: you excel in a "hunter" role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and/or 2+ years of successful sales experience
- Fluency in English: language skills in Spanish a plus
- Restaurant industry experience and/or experience working in field sales
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to show patience with extreme persistence and meticulous follow through
- Ability to combine insights from past experiences, analytics, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Solid understanding of SalesForce.com
- Dynamic time manager, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new environments, situations, and a rapidly changing business
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.