Customer Retention Manager at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Customer Retention Manager?
Customer Retention Managers (RMs) are responsible for empowering the people under them, leading special projects, and handling escalated customer situations — all toward the end goals of ensuring an excellent customer experience and retaining as many customers as possible. Our RMs are goal-driven and friendly people who love connecting with and helping others.
What will you do?
People Management-Related Items (50%)
- Manage junior team members
- Provide objective and timely feedback to your direct reports
- Create and maintain a supportive work environment
- Identify and eliminate roadblocks for team members
- Conduct performance reviews
- Create performance improvement plans
- Support career development
- Create and maintain the coverage schedule
- Interview candidates
- Help oversee and manage the hiring strategy for your team
- Ensure your team members consistently meet all KPIs
Special Projects & Cross Department-Related Items (25%)
- Work with members within and across departments on retention-related items
- Build upon Clearcover’s customer loyalty program
- Identify, develop, and implement efficiency initiatives through process and/or technology enhancements
- Collaborate with CX colleagues to create and modify internal sources of information
- Work with the product team to help brainstorm ways to improve the customer and Customer Advocacy experience
- Own team-specific goals
Escalation-Related Items (25%)
- Serve as a last-stop to save customers
- Respond to process-related questions posed by team members
What will your 30-60-90 day plan look like?
Within days 1-30, you will:
- Start building relationships with your direct reports
- Learn the technology systems that Clearcover regularly uses
- Start learning the CX journey of a Clearcover customer
Within days 31-60, you will:
- Handle inbound cancellation requests from Clearcover customers
- Start building relationships with key members of other Clearcover departments
- Review existing retention-related processes and KPIs
Within days 61-90, you will:
- Start handling escalated cancellation-related requests from Clearcover customers
- Recommend modifications to current retention-related processes and KPIs
- Start working with CX peers to build dashboards to monitor progress towards goals
How will you be measured?
- KPI attainment
- Employee engagement
What do you need?
- Property and Casualty Resident Producer License (required)
- People management experience (required): Minimum of 3 years
- Retention experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding retention targets (required): Minimum of 3 years
- Customer support/experience in a B2C call center environment (required): Minimum of 5 years
- Demonstrated ability to hold team members accountable to performance metrics and support their growth (required)
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate insurance information to the average person
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS in English, Communication, or comparable work experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
But wait, there’s more: As a Clearcover-er, you’ll have access to a sweet set of benefits. Not only will you have medical coverage, but we’ll pay the vast majority of medical premiums for you and your family. We’ll also contribute to your HSA and HRA. Dental and vision? We’ve got you covered there, too, at 100%. Did we mention we’ll make a 3% contribution to your 401K even if you contribute nothing and get you to work pre-taxed through our commuter FSA? It’s true. Plus, we’ll happily give you generous time off for R&R so you can do you. Excited to learn more? Fill out the application below!