Customer Success Manager, Agency at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for an ambitious, experienced and tech savvy Customer Success Manager to own the business relationship for a large portfolio of Sprout's agency customers. Our Agency team excels at building relationships with agencies of all sizes, empowering them to support their clients in deeper and more meaningful ways.
The ideal candidate is passionate about customer success and should be familiar with common agency business structures. You are excited about high volume interactions with customers and committed to driving product adoption, providing strategic guidance and inspiring customer loyalty. You are driven to maintain a high satisfaction rate through all interactions and you pride yourself on being organized and detail oriented.
As a Customer Success Manager at Sprout Social, you are part of a Customer Success team that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with names like Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru. Our team prides ourselves by being the primary point of contact for all of our customers and are dedicated to providing personalized experience to each and every customer. As a whole, Sprout supports the social media efforts of over 20,000+ brands around the globe.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of customer facing experience - managing direct relationships with customers (preferably managing at least 50+ at one time)
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Agency customer relationship experience, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience with sales strategy and negotiation tactics
Within 1 Month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Success to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Success Team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
Within 3 Months, you will…
- Receive your dedicated book of business and begin familiarizing yourself with your customer base.
- Establish relationships with customer-facing departments across the organization.
- Direct customers to Sprout resources such as product guides, webinars, and customer support to encourage product adoption.
- Respond to high-impact customer issues in a fashion that inspires continued customer loyalty.
- Actively handle inbound requests and account related questions.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Maintain product expertise across our platform to serve as the ultimate trusted advisor.
- Partner with colleagues across departments to address customer feedback and communicate accordingly.
- Review to-date performance with your manager, identify areas of improvement and establish a plan for career development.
- Become a Sprout Social and Social Media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our clients realize their full potential and accomplish their goals
Within 12 months, you will…
- Propose and execute independent projects benefiting the whole of Customer Success or Sprout as an organization.
- Identify individual strengths and how to apply them effectively for continued success.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!