Sprout Social is looking for an ambitious, experienced and tech savvy Customer Success Manager to own the business relationship for a large portfolio of Sprout's customers. Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Make-A-Wish Foundation, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
As a Customer Success Manager at Sprout Social, you are part of a Customer Success team that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with our customers. Our team prides ourselves on being the primary point of contact for all of our customers and are dedicated to providing personalized experience to each and every customer.
The ideal candidate is passionate about customer success and excited to understand what makes customers successful. You are excited about driving value for customers and committed to driving product adoption, providing strategic guidance and inspiring customer loyalty. You pride yourself on being organized and detail oriented.
We're looking for someone who has managed direct relationships with customers, preferably at least 50+ at one time. You should possess the ability to uncover customer challenges and make recommendations to help customers achieve their goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical aptitude and can identify areas of opportunity within the existing platform. If you're passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience and are a team player, we'd love to hear from you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of experience managing client relationships in the technology industry
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Customer facing experience within the SaaS/Software industry
Within 1 Month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Success to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Success Team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
Within 3 Months, you will…
- Receive your dedicated book of business and begin familiarizing yourself with your customer base.
- Establish relationships with customer-facing departments across the organization.
- Direct customers to Sprout resources such as product guides, webinars, and customer support to encourage product adoption.
- Respond to high-impact customer issues in a fashion that inspires continued customer loyalty.
- Actively handle inbound requests and account related questions.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Maintain product expertise across our platform to serve as the ultimate trusted advisor.
- Partner with colleagues across departments to address customer feedback and communicate accordingly.
- Review to-date performance with your manager, identify areas of improvement and establish a plan for career development.
- Become a Sprout Social and Social Media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our clients realize their full potential and accomplish their goals
Within 12 months, you will…
- Propose and execute independent projects benefiting the whole of Customer Success or Sprout as an organization.
- Identify individual strengths and how to apply them effectively for continued success.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.