Morningstar's products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that delight our clients. The product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
Morningstar is seeking Customer Success Managers for the Morningstar Direct and Office teams.
As a Direct Customer Success Manager, you will provide superior service to institutional investment software clients and users. This role will interact extensively with clients at asset management, investment consulting, insurance, wealth management, and plan sponsor companies that use Morningstar Direct and other institutional products. Our Customer Success Managers combine a thorough understanding of Morningstar's products with strong investment knowledge and business acumen to help clients make the most of our products. This position requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in the Chicago, New York, or Boston areas.
As an Office Customer Success Manager, you will handle relationships with a wide range of new and existing financial advisors using the Morningstar Office product. You will provide world-class support and service to our clients by understanding how our clients use our solutions to drive their business, you will train clients on the product, and assist them in implementing the product into their day-to-day business. You will also work closely with sales counterparts on client retention and additional revenue opportunities. This position requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in the Chicago office.
Enterprise Data, Research, and Software Products
As a Customer Success Manager for our Enterprise Data and Research or Software products, you will provide world-class service to our institutional data clients by understanding how they use our data or software platforms to drive their business and work alongside our other CSM and Sales teams on client retention and growth opportunities. This team is committed to delivering innovative products including Morningstar Data Services, Licensed Data for Fund, Equity and Indexes, Research services, Advisor Workstation, Enterprise Components, and Morningstar Annuity Intelligence as well as our ESG data offerings. This position is based in Chicago and requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory.
- Educate clients about our software, focusing on data, functionality and features; as well as on industry trends.
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts, participate in account reviews and provide initial product demonstrations.
- Collaborate on account strategies with Sales and identify new user groups and business opportunities, which will help Morningstar meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Responsible for converting product trials into subscriptions, promoting product usage, and maximizing client retention by helping companies integrate our products with their workflows.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge and consultative account management skills.
- Provide valuable feedback and insight to the product team and developers.
- Collaborate with Morningstar's data operations group, product managers, and internal service consultants to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to market research, marketing and promotional events, and other projects as needed.
- Possess a minimum of three years of customer service, training, or sales experience.
- A deep customer service focus, strong attention to detail, and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, strategic, and creative thinker with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and project management.
- A quantitative aptitude, and a confirmed ability to build long-term client relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to present to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience.
- Prior experience supporting financial practices, licensed data content, or financial software solutions is desirable.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent is required.
Due to required travel and in-person client interaction in this role, Morningstar requires candidates to be fully vaccinated.