Customer Support Engineer at VelocityEHS
*Open to remote candidates*
We are seeking Customer Experience (CX) professionals who wish to move their careers forward. We offer omni-channel support to a range of EHS professionals, ranging from SMB to large enterprise global companies. The perfect candidate will demonstrate that they are meticulous, relentless, curious, organized, and above all else, willing to advocate for our customers and make a difference.
We are looking to elevate what it means to pursue a career as a Support professional, and this position is critical in helping us meet that goal. Our Support Engineers will deliver a superior experience while being the eyes and ears of our customers, allowing us to affect change in our products and across our company. Support engineers are expected to anticipate our customers’ needs and issues before they become problems.
In this role you will also have close ties to our Product and Technology team as you work to resolve customer issues, improve business processes, and present product feature/enhancement ideas from our customers. The Customer Support Engineer is eager to learn about all aspects of our business and is excited collaborate with teams across the company. We want you to apply for this role if you are energized by the prospect of working with customers daily and are excited about helping them achieve their goals using our industry-leading products and services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Uphold VelocityEHS quality standards by providing best-in-class service to help customers achieve their EHS goals
- Draw on product and industry expertise to partner with our customers and anticipate their needs
- Partner with Customer Success, Product, and other internal teams to problem-solve and advocate for the customer during all points of their lifecycle
- Own support experience for portfolio for some of our most challenging customers, including global enterprise customers and ones who have challenging our unique circumstances
- Apply critical thinking, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot customer issues and lead to successful outcomes
- Manage customer expectations and drive cases toward resolution with every interaction
- Meet and exceed Internal Quality Scoring (IQS) guidelines by providing superior communication, documentation, and ownership of customer cases
- Learn and apply in-depth product and industry knowledge to add value to all customer engagements
- Treat every interaction as an opportunity to partner with our customers
- Proactively identify and advocate for improvements to our internal tools, processes, and products
- Occasional duties outside of business hours to cover during disaster recovery testing and/or emergency Support coverage
- Other Customer Support related duties as assigned
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years delivering outstanding service in a customer-facing role (including Support, Service, Success, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving user side product and technical issues
- Experience effectively multi-tasking and prioritizing a of daily activities
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization both internally and externally
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, be a team player and work collaboratively with others
- Working knowledge of various Operating Systems (i.e. Windows, Android, iOS), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Internet Browsers (i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari)
- Must be able to maintain 40 hours/week in front of a computer and on the phones during business hours (7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Central, Mon-Fri)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline
- Experience Supporting a SAAS product for SMB and global enterprise businesses (strongly preferred)
- Experience managing Tier 1 escalations and agent support (strongly preferred)
- Working knowledge of EHS and industry regulations
- Experience with CRMs, specifically Salesforce.com
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]