Deal Design Manager
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors.
The Role: As a Deal Design Manager, you will help to define and communicate our best practices in creating successful commercial business models, to maximize value for our clients and for Morningstar, in collaboration with Product and our Business Development & Sales teams. The sales teams are responsible for helping our clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. You will be responsible for obtaining a deep understanding of our sales philosophies and for working closely across teams to provide training and guidance on best practices generally and on deals specifically. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Define and refine efficient processes for successful deal creation, streamlining communication, minimizing timeframes through:
- Applying guidelines for pricing strategy which leverage principled negotiation approaches
- Creating documentation and communication on an ongoing basis for training teams on guidelines, exemplary deals
- Coordinating pricing adjustments with Product and sales (whether for renewing business or for updates to CPQ, in collaboration with sales operations and create renewal communication strategies with product marketing
- Consult with teams on strategic opportunities with clients such as Emerging solutions (customized/configured software solutions, new solutions, etc.), cross-product solutions, and other complex opportunities
- Work closely with Business Development and Sales teams to understand our clients’ interests and needs, and apply this knowledge to the above responsibilities
- Participate in planning to ensure alignment of our planning and the interests of our clients
+ Minimum of 5 years of experience in client-facing roles in institutional client service, business development, product management and/or product development, preferably in the financial services industry.
+ Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across product and sales teams
+Skilled in pricing strategy, principled negotiation, and understanding of contract and deal design.
+ Excellent time-management, communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
+ Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com.
+ A bachelor’s degree is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.