DIR, CLIENT DEVELOPMENT
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is looking for an experienced digital sales leader who possesses a strong client services background and consultative sales approach. If you have a proven track record of successful sales management and account development, as well as a strong background in the digital media ecosystem or SaaS sales, then we may have an outstanding opportunity for you.
Centro is looking to hire a Director of Client Development in Chicago, who will be responsible for leading and cultivating a digital media sales team with large revenue growth responsibilities, as well as building and managing ongoing client relationships. The Director of Client Development works with agency teams or brands directly to grow the footprint within specified geographical areas. Their responsibility will be to grow and lead the team of Account Leads in breaking down doors for business growth, by selling through Centro’s technology and services offerings.
This individual is someone with a strategic understanding of digital media and an in-depth understanding of how Centro creates a “Raving Fan” culture among its clients. They demonstrate intellectual curiosity, ambition and a ‘desire to win’ in seeking out emerging technologies to solve cross-vertical business challenges and showcase industry leading thought leadership.
This position requires a self-starter who is willing to learn and expand on their digital knowledge and be a thought leader in the Chicago marketing community. This person leads by example and is a resource for their team, acting as a mentor and helping them to derive creative solutions to business problems.
- Manage a team of 4+ Account Leads to service digital media campaigns on behalf of interactive agencies across online publishers
- Engage key business leaders in high level consultative conversations and demonstrate how Centro’s offerings can solve for their business problems
- Manage a territory of $10+ million in revenue, including both Account Lead revenue and an individual book of business
- Exceed established revenue goals, including specific regional accounts as assigned by management, while building new accounts
- Establish strong relationships with advertising agency and client direct/in-house agency personnel throughout territory, including all decision-makers and key influencers, to specifically build out and achieve individual sales revenue goals
- Respond to client needs by creating new, innovative media products
- Work with sales & support teams to present media strategies and publisher recommendations
- Coach and mentor Account Leads throughout the sales cycle and engage with clients at key points in the cycle
- Become a positive and influential presence in your region
- Establish strong relationships with in-house marketing teams and advertising agencies, including all decision-makers and key influencers from junior media planners to top management
- Clearly present the value of Centro’s offerings and sell through digital campaign opportunities to prospective clients
- Identify opportunities to expand Centro’s services with existing accounts and coordinate internal resources to support efforts
- 5+ years of digital media sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Strong knowledge of regions marketing and advertising landscape
- Proven ability to prospect, create and grow sales opportunities
- Proven success of hitting and exceeding sales goals and growing year over year revenue
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead digital strategy discussions
- Strong organizational, business writing, and negotiation skills
- Experience selling programmatic solutions and/or other digital ad technology is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Ability to manage account activity via a CRM platform, Salesforce experience is a must
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.