Director of Account Management at Jellyvision
JELLYVISION NEEDS A DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of Account Managers who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX® accounts. The team’s goal is to:
- Help customers be successful in their use of ALEX®
- Sell customers other ALEX® products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong customer relationships for marketing
- Effectively communicate customer insights to the broader team at Jellyvision
- Oh…and be super fun and charming along the way.
As we expand our team, we need to add a management layer with a talent for coaching high performing, quota carrying Account Managers (AMs) through a consultative enterprise SaaS sales process with a focus on increasing retention rates and promoting the sale of additional products. We’re looking for sharp, humble and highly motivated sales managers who will help our team efficiently and successfully scale. As a team, we’re a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
More specifically, as the Director of Account Management, you’d be responsible for:
Managing performance and coaching your team.
- You will be responsible for the revenue goals and quota that falls within your team.
- You’ll meet with your Account Managers (a group of typically 7 to 10 people) one-on-one weekly to review their pipeline, discuss the “health” of their accounts, talk through the customer journey and their strategies, and identify clear and concise ways you can help support them to hit their goals.
- You’ll routinely shadow customer calls and hold feedback sessions with your account managers coaching them on ways to improve.
- Along with the Vice President of Account Management, you’ll participate in and lead team meetings.
Hiring and training.
- We’re scaling and in a constant state of hiring for the Account Management team. In partnership with the Vice President of Account Management, you’ll need to work to refine the Account Management role and job description. This includes (with the support of our HR team) identifying, sourcing, interviewing and hiring a new crop of AMs.
- You’ll manage the onboarding process for all incoming Account Managers and help grow and optimize the training curriculum that gets AMs ramped up quickly.
Maintaining a close eye on team dynamics.
- You’ll help foster and enable a culture of collaboration, support, and fun.
- And, lead an environment of constant learning – about our industry, our customers, and how we can be most valuable.
Close communication with the VP of Account Management.
- You’ll meet weekly with the VP of Account Management to review monthly forecasting, team wins and losses, individual performance as well as emerging healthcare industry trends identified through customer communications.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
While we’re big believers that the right “DNA” and cultural fit are what makes for a successful hire, we’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience:
Proven Management Experience: Ideally, 4+ years of experience successfully managing employees in an enterprise sales environment, preferably in the HR or SaaS sales space. We’re looking for managers who love to work with people, enjoy coaching and help foster growth and success in their direct reports.
Successful track record working with Enterprise customers on a revenue generating customer success team. Our team is highly focused on net retention with renewals and aggressive revenue growth with upsell solutions while at the same time helping customers get the most value of their ALEX investment. We want someone who’s seen success hitting quota with a similar account management experience.
Superb listener: You’ll need to listen to your team to really understand how you can uniquely help each individual team member grow and reach their goals.
Be curious: Along with listening, we want you to generally be curious in what makes each of your Account Managers successful. What’s their motivation for hitting goal? Where do they want to see their career path take them? We want someone who knows how to develop that level of trust by remaining open, honest and transparent.
Approachable and Engaging: Our AM team is hungry for coaching and feedback that helps them be successful. Whether it’s focusing on ways to improve their pitches or highlighting moments on calls when the individual could have dug deeper, the AMs are looking for someone to tell it to them straight and help them develop a clear path to getting better.
Confident, not cocky: We want you to lead confidently, but we also want you to be humble, thoughtful and genuine in your approach.
Empowering: As you work with you team to plot out strategies and tactics, empower them to independently make the tough customer decisions they need to in order to successfully manage their book. Give them your opinion, advice and feedback, but let them test and determine their own personal strategies knowing they have your support and back up when needed.
Driven and motivated. We’re looking for hardworking, self-motivated folks who like to jump in and make an impact. It’s our grit and can-do (while at the same time delightfully fun and engaging) attitude that helps us win as a team.
Collaborator. You’ll need to expertly navigate cross-team interactions. There will be times when you’ll need to listen and learn from your colleagues and peers. And on the flip side, there will be times when you’ll be responsible for proactively sharing ideas and helping evangelize customer success across the company. You’ll need to balance the two and determine the best way to productively interact and communicate with your colleagues.
Be a student. On our team, everyone is encouraged to be a student of customer success, the healthcare industry and the benefits world. Proactively research and find blogs, data, articles, and content that will help you and the team become smarter benefits consultants. You’ll also need to patiently learn our current processes, dive into our customer journey and playbook, and help identify areas we can grow and improve.
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!