Director, Brand Investing Solutions (M&A)
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Director of Brand Investing Solutions to join our team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- Completed 4-6 years Professional Services experience from blue-chip Consulting firm
- Expertise in CPG and/or Retail industry
- Expertise in M&A growth strategies (e.g., due diligence, opportunity scanning)
- Developed people and demonstrated success through cross functional influence
- Juggled 3-5 major clients and 5+ large projects concurrently
- Presented to C-Suite executives at Fortune 500 companies
WHAT DO WE NEED?
SPINS Brand Growth Solutions team is focused on helping SPINS’ biggest clients achieve sustained, profitable growth. The team uses SPINS industy-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with robust consumer information, analytics, and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights and develop profitable growth solutions. Comprised of experienced and entrepreneurial CPG and Retail professionals, the team is dedicated to delivering brand, investor and retail growth. This high visibility, high impact part of our business builds and shapes the development of brand, investor and retail growth solutions for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
The role of SPINS Director, Investing Solutions will be to work with our biggest clients (Private Equity/Venture Capital and Strategic CPG Investors) in helping them capture their biggest growth opportunities. The Director will structure and deliver strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets, in combination with each Client’s own information and team members. This includes leveraging the numerous quantitative assets SPINS has developed, as well as the qualitative insights held within the wider SPINS organization. This individual will be working directly with key executives at our client companies to understand their opportunities/investment theses and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them. This individual will be responsible for helping build the capability of SPINS’ Investing Strategy Solutions offering –developing standards of excellence for key analyses and solutions, and working with the wider SPINS’ organization to harness their knowledge/insights and deliver greater value to clients.
This role will also partner closely with SPINS Financial Partners Group. Together they will provide unparalleled solutions that help financial investors unlock unique insights into investment opportunities. These solutions leverage SPINS assets for deal sourcing, due diligence and brand growth.
- Comfort with complexity
- Entrepreneurially-minded business-builder
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients.
- Self-starter, with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Passion for natural products
The position reports to the head of SPINS Brand Growth Solutions, will be based in our Chicago office, and will require up to 25% travel.