DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT- RETAIL
We may be the most important media company you've never heard of. Each day, we transform the digital ad world through our cutting-edge technology, bold creative and staggering amount of data. Our industry-leading solutions empower 4,000 clients and counting. We’re constantly taking on the challenge of growth—and we’re looking for talented people to join us. Come be a part of the digital media revolution.
We recognize and reach consumer like no one else.
- Unprecedented amount of data built from anonymized transactional data from more than 400 retailers and over 80 billion online interactions every day across every device.
- 96% matching accuracy dwarfs the industry average of just 50%.
We create the most powerful individualized profiles ever built.
- We track over 1 million online actions per second to build each profile across more than 7,000 dimensions.
- Individualized profiles are most complex profiles ever built.
We bring millions the best message, every time.
- Every day we make over a trillion real-time decisions about billions of interactions.
- Each decision is customized and unique for each person and it’s made in just milliseconds, across 1.1M websites via 6,000 direct publisher integrations and on 173,000+ mobile apps.
See the power of your performance.
- We’ve got the most precise measurement and consumer insights in the industry.
- Your marketing dollars will be spent wisely, as we continuously observe and learn from your campaign to keep the messages compelling.
The industry’s best people deserve great benefits, so you can expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, endless opportunities to advance your career, and a place where you can improve the community you are in.
About this Role
- Lead the selling activities for a geographic or account based sales territory.
- Generate new revenue by managing several enterprise sales deals to closure on an annual basis.
- Develop as a thought leader and respected “expert” in the ad technology industry so that you are viewed as a consultative partner and not a transactional seller.
- An individual contributor driving significant revenue growth by using general business acumen to uncover prospect business needs and identify how Conversant solutions can help prospects achieve their business goals
- Coordinate internal resources for the preparation and delivery of new business presentations.
- Create and deliver compelling, customized sales presentations that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by the prospect.
- Effectively monitor day-to-day management of accounts in your assigned territory and build relationships with key marketing, merchandising, and media decision makers
- Stay current on industry trends and personnel moves among prospect organizations.
- Negotiate and close contracts with client marketing and legal stakeholders
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrate experience developing sales in the digital or agency business, have a strong network of prior relationships and contacts (senior level), and show leadership skills in developing the right tools to get the job done with our creative team.
- Senior-level hunter that enjoys prospecting, cold calling and needs based selling.
- Strong knowledge of Ad-Tech: DMP, DSP, Data Onboarding, Device Matching, 3rd party ad-server, attribution vendors
- Understanding of complex and lengthy sales cycles and how to create achievable milestones and deliver meticulous follow-up
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make compelling presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals
- Must be strategic, flexible, tenacious, results-oriented
- Adept at dealing with a constantly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 8-10 years’ experience in a sales/hunter role
- 5+ years of sales experience in media, marketing or advertising related fields
- 5+ years of B2B business development experience, with a successful close rate
- 5+ years of display marketing/interactive advertising experience
Qualifications & Responsibilities
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.