Director of Business Development at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the Director of Business Development at Clearcover?
We built our technology platform to allow us to integrate with partners as our primary distribution model. And, we’ve proven it to be a successful model. With an API-centric approach, we’re able to quickly and easily integrate with partners to provide a seamless purchasing experience for our products.
We’re now looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to advance our partner and agency distribution channels. This is a high visibility role – you’ll work closely with members of our growth, product, technology, marketing, finance, and operational teams to deliver a compelling value proposition to prospective partners. You’ll need to understand our product digital product offerings and be creative in selling and meeting the needs of prospective partners.
You’ll be both a growth strategist and execution expert and have a passion for data and out-of-the-box thinking. You should also be a natural problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Business Development – Identify prospective partner segments that align to the Clearcover business model and effectively communicate our partner-facing tech products.
- Partner Economics – Develop and articulate compensation structures and deal terms that drive desired business results with partners.
- Partner Onboarding – Facilitate the onboarding of new partners though contracting and integration processes.
- Growth Expectations – Collaborate with partners to determine traffic, referrals, quote flow, and overall sales projections as inputs to financial modeling and forecasting of new partner relationships.
- Account Management - Serve as the primary point of contact for day-to-day partner needs. Ensure partner needs are met through frequent partner interactions cover status, strategy, new initiatives, servicing issues, and account performance.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with members of our product, technology, finance, and operational teams to build key capabilities and support models.
- Emerging Channels - Develop and maintain broad knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape to develop emerging channel strategies.
What are our must haves?
- You’re an expert in business development. You have proven experience designing mutually beneficial partnership structures within financial services. You’re extremely comfortable negotiating deal terms, managing NDAs and contracts, and managing complex relationships. A legal degree is an added plus.
- You’re an expert in digital distribution models. You understand digital marketing channels, how to setup campaigns, and how to leverage APIs and data sharing to optimize channel performance.
- You’re have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills. You understand customer acquisition and distribution-related KPI and can operationally execute tactical plans.
- You’re a data-driven marketer. You know how to manager customer acquisition costs (CAC) and managing LTV:CAC across multiple channels.
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships.
- You’re a great communicator. You’re able to communicate high level business goals and operational plans externally and the strategies and motivations of our partners’ internally.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we’ve got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social