Director of Business Development at closerlook, inc.
The Director of Business Development plays an integral role in driving the sustained growth of the agency. This role is focused on client acquisition - identifying, engaging and securing new clients, whose needs and challenges align with the strengths and capabilities of the firm. Working closely with Marketing and Executive Team members, as well as cross-functional leads, this individual will lead new business pursuits, acting as the voice of the client, to ensure closerlook teams present multichannel marketing recommendations and solutions that support the client’s marketing goals and needs.
- Responsible for prospecting, identifying and qualifying opportunities, as well as leading the proposal or strategic recommendation from initial conversation to close.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with key customer contacts within assigned target companies by leveraging an existing network of contacts/relationships.
- Develop and maintain key account plans for assigned target accounts that identify needs and opportunities for the agency to deliver value and drive revenue.
- Aggressively pursue leads generated from all Marketing activities and convert into prospects.
- Partner with Marketing and other functional leads to execute sales strategies and develop proposals that address the needs and challenges of prospects.
- Build a deep understanding of closerlook’s positioning, messaging, differentiation and our service and product offerings.
- Develop, optimize and sustain selected agency partner and alliance relationships.
- Maintain a strong understanding of market trends, target company needs and competitive threats.
- Meet or exceed annual and quarterly sales quotas based on assigned target companies.
- Leverage a sales process and methodology to drive success.
- Proactively track all prospect and client contact activity in the sales tracking tool.
- Provide quality sales pipeline forecasts and reporting on an ongoing basis in the sales tracking tool.
- Collaborate with Marketing to design sales and marketing collateral and campaigns, based on the needs and wants of our prospects and our capabilities as a firm.
- Participate and promote closerlook at selected industry conferences and business events and continue to expand an extensive network of contacts/relationships.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience selling marketing services to pharmaceutical organizations.
- Demonstrated success in strategic, consultative selling to large businesses.
- Demonstrated success with building a large pipeline of new client prospects and sales opportunities and then driving conversion to revenues.
- Exceptional ability to develop relationships throughout large, complex organizations.
- Proven experience leading new business pitch pursuits and teams.
- Adept at managing and advancing sales opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Strategic mindset tied with a market facing approach.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ambitious self-starter; high energy level and driven to make things happen.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Travel is required, however, the frequency will vary month-to-month.