Director of Channel Sales
We’re a growing company, and we need key players like you to work directly with America’s largest businesses.
We’re looking for a full-time Director of Channel Sales to help build a team and lead our go to market strategy with new and existing partners. This person will play a crucial role in the future growth of PerkSpot. The individual will partner with business leaders to determine and execute go-to-market strategies, product positioning, formal agreements and new growth opportunities. The individual will strive to enhance employee engagement and build an inclusive, team-oriented, accountability-driven, high-performing channel sales team.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 850 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and United Airlines to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About this Role
- The Director of Channel Sales works closely with cross-functional teams to develop, implement and execute successful channel partnerships. This position is responsible for driving revenue with new and assigned channel partners by developing and rolling out partner specific sales and marketing activities.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will define and execute the strategy for how the channel creates demand and drives sales growth within new and current channels. This position will have strategic and tactical accountability for the development and execution of the plan with a focus on identifying and achieving sales growth, customer satisfaction and profit improvement within identified channels.
- With aggressive year-over-year growth, there is great upward mobility for career-motivated people at PerkSpot. The compensation package is generous and set up so that a top performer is amply rewarded.
- There will be some travel with this job, as well as a competitive base, commission and equity. The position reports to the VP of Sales and is based in Chicago, IL.
A successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience leading high performance sales teams
- 5+ years in channel sales or business development, building deals north of $10m in revenue.
- Experience in the employee benefits/insurance channel highly valuable
- Strong ability to mentor and coach reps into high performers
- Ability to accurately forecast future sales
- Driven, competitive and operate with a sense of urgency
Your First 90 Days
- Meet the team and learn the business.
- Meet our clients and find out why over 850 employers choose PerkSpot as their trusted discount partner.
- Meet regularly with the VP of Sales to align strategically and develop a deep rapport of trust.
- Identify Training Gaps and put together a comprehensive 12-month plan
Throughout Your Career here
- Develop a partner strategy and business plan.
- Lead all Partner and Channel enablement efforts and activities.
- Articulate PerkSpot’s key differentiators vs. competitors, and properly position competitive analysis information and to help partners evangelize PerkSpot’s product offerings.
- Develop and administer partner programs, including proactively identifying program elements that enable partners to build awareness, generate qualified leads, generate incremental growth, drive partner satisfaction and loyalty, and maximize program impact.
- Develop metrics and financial models to identify the impact of the channel to the overall business.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales Leadership to achieve revenue growth.
- Coach, mentor, manage and lead an excellent team of Channel Sales professionals to achieve sales targets. Plan and manage the team resources, ensuring they are efficiently deployed to support a broad range of customers.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.