Director of Corporate Development
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
Tempus is looking for a hardworking, ambitious person to support its growing operations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role will be responsible for leading the corporate development activities of Tempus. This includes: 1) leading and managing M&A activity, 2) analyzing industry trends and assessing competitive developments, 3) sizing market opportunities, and 4) leading and executing select strategic projects for the senior executives of Tempus. The candidate will work closely with leadership across the organization.
- Lead and execute M&A initiatives with data and analysis on market size, market growth, and competitive differentiation.
- Identify potential acquisition targets.
- Utilize experience and healthcare knowledge to have initial conversations with target company executives to determine strategic fit.
- Complete due diligence for buy side transactions.
- Work on financial valuation, including discounted cash flow valuation, comparable company valuation, precedent transaction valuation, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of financial models, business valuations and other materials to be used in presentations and as support for deal processes.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and critical thinking that can solve problems and make recommendations based on self-directed work efforts.
- Complete special strategic projects for senior executives as needed. Could include projects regarding international expansion and new disease types.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Science. MBA is a plus
- 5+ years healthcare experience; 7+ years total work experience in corporate development, banking, consulting or similar environments
- Comfort with and experience in a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves to lead and complete work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once maintaining accuracy and speed.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility in re-prioritizing projects
- Strong problem solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data
- Detail orientation with high attention to quality and accuracy
- Excellent ability to interact with various levels of management and develop strong working relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Strong leadership skills to mentor and elevate team.