Director, Customer Success at Mastery Logistics Systems
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
About This Role
Mastery’s customers have large transportation networks with several business areas that will require multiple implementations. We are seeking an experienced Director to lead our Customer Success team in our efforts to provide white glove service and ensure expected value is met through dedicated teams, quarterly reviews, and continuous communication. In this role, you will collaborate with the implementation, technical support, and product teams to create effective and scalable processes that provide a customer friendly and streamlined approach with the appropriate level of visibility and reporting. With this, you will be required to build customer teams that have deep knowledge of their customer’s business, how they use and rely on our TMS with their business processes and implement scalable, and efficient strategies to enhance the customer and end user experience to drive customer satisfaction.
- Lead and grow the Customer Success teams, which includes onboarding new team members, fostering an environment of collaboration and deep customer knowledge
- Ensure tools and systems are in place for insight and measures into service reliability, incident management, customer inquiries and product requests
- Collaborate with technology for a seamless incident management process, including visibility into metrics to support SLAs, including escalation and effective communication through resolution
- Develop a deep understanding of how customers rely on our system to run their business
- Manage the customer experience with regard to onboarding new business and product releases in partnership with our implementation and product teams
- Align with senior executives and client engagement leads to create a Quarterly Business review to report on customer health, key metrics and anticipated business needs, and opportunities for adoption
- Educate and inspire customers to adopt features, processes, and utilize embedded training tools
- Collaborate with the Product team to help identify and prioritize client-driven product enhancements
- Utilize customer metrics, requests and interactions to identify patterns and opportunities to improve their product usage and increase value to their organization
- 7+ years of demonstrated achievement in leading and growing a customer success team within a SaaS company
- Transportation and logistics experience is strongly preferred
- Proven success in defining, tracking, and managing Customer Success KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams
- Ability to problem solve, foster cooperation across teams, and be results driven using imaginative and creative thinking skills
- Desire to operate in an open and adaptive culture very focused on continuous improvement, able to give and receive honest feedback
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team through change and ambiguity, while creating scalable pathways for future teams to work together
- Usage of a consultative approach; the ability to develop rapport and trust with internal teams to achieve broader business objectives and goals
- Excellent interpersonal communication, self-learning, analytical, and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!