Director, Customer Success at HealthJoy
Let’s keep things simple: we are an unbelievably talented, hard-working, and compassionate team driving towards a mission that impacts every single one of us - even you! Healthcare benefits are complex, underutilized, and a mystery for most users. We’re removing that complexity.
Our industry-leading technology solution puts a simplified benefits experience in the hands of users, saving them time and money. Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve created a COVID-19 resource center, helped members find testing and care, and made it even simpler to get telemedicine and mental health support to employees.
HealthJoy experienced explosive growth in 2020: we raised $30M in Series C funding, earned awards for Talent Culture’s Best HR Technology Leaders and Built In Chicago’s Best Places to Work, added 55+ key team members despite going totally remote, and so much more. This year, we continue down that path of high growth and high impact.
Customer Success Strategy + Execution
- Working closely alongside the Vice President, Customer Success, serve as a key voice in the development and strategy of the Customer Success organization, including annual business strategy as well as quarterly goals.
- Own the execution and performance of the Customer Success organization.
- Use data (KPIs, customer outcomes, etc.) to set team expectations and manage against such goals.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams both within and outside of Customer Operations, develop and refine Customer Success methodology, processes and documentation with the goal of improving team scalability and outcomes.
- Work closely with internal Gainsight administrators, Revenue Operations, Data Team, and others to ensure that the Customer Success organization has the appropriate tooling and data to successfully execute and measure outcomes.
- Bring new and impactful ideas and best practices to the Customer Success organization
- Serve as the “executive sponsor” for key strategic accounts, by advising account teams regarding strategy, supporting customer relationships, and participating in customer engagements of high priority
Growth + Scale
- In close partnership with the Vice President, Customer Success, contribute to company-wide net ARR retention goals by maximizing gross retention
- Partner successfully with Sales Expansion) function to ensure that the customer-base is healthy and realizing value, so as to maximize opportunity for contract expansion
- Lead efforts to proactively improve key leading indicators of retention -- time to value, adoption, customer satisfaction, and ROI
- Own and develop team strategy for retention and renewal of customers
- Instill across HealthJoy a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models and evangelize how Customer Success and other functions contribute to retention
Leadership + Management
- Provide consistent visibility to company leaders and the wider HealthJoy audience about Customer Success’ activities, wins, challenges and dependencies
- Align Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations functions around key customer initiatives
- Manage a team of regional Customer Success Team Leads, who in turn manage individual contributors (Customer Success Managers and Customer Success Specialists)
- Serve as the face of the Customer Success function within HealthJoy and educate other functions/departments on Customer Success’ functions, wins, and outcomes
- Identify and grow talent through mentorship, coaching, and professional development
- Serve as a calming and trusted escalation point for account teams, clients and partners
- Share the company vision; embody and improve our culture; live our values, and be a role model to others
- 8+ years of customer success type role at a SaaS company; 4+ years in a Customer Success leadership role.
- 4+ years of people management experience, including experience managing managers.
- You lead by example - you’re a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- You’re scrappy - you’re simultaneously able to hold a vision of future-state best practice informed by your expertise in Customer Success, but also have a proven record of leading an organization through incremental steps needed to get there over time.
- You live and breathe customer success; you know that the success of our customers is our success. You have a proven record of championing the voice of the customer across the organization.
- Proven ability using customer success software solutions (Gainsight, ChurnZero, etc.) to operationalize a customer success organization at scale.
- Proven ability to quantify and drive strategy to hit key metrics including customer retention, customer health, and product adoption.
- Expert level skills in managing and influencing through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building cross-functionally and within your own team, at all levels of the organization (entry-level to executive).
- Phenomenal communication skills and proven ability to build relationships of empathy, trust, and respect with other team members, stakeholders, customers, and partners.
- Preferred - Experience with scaled customer success approaches including low-touch / digital led success strategies, and demonstrated partnership with customer marketing functions.
- Preferred - An understanding of channel distribution strategies, and how that distribution strategy impacts customer success lifecycle and motions.
Work should be meaningful and rewarding.
HealthJoy offers a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, therapy and EAP, and telemedicine), flexible PTO plan, 401k, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a remote work stipend - to ensure you can work comfortably from home, host virtual-lunch-and-learns, ‘friendship time’ pairings, virtual coffee chats, happy hours, and quarterly team activities.
The best benefit of all? We use our own product. As an employee, you can rely on HealthJoy to feel confident about your own healthcare decisions and get the most out of your unique benefits plan.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.