Director of Customer Success
About Us and The Opportunity
Spark Hire is a video interviewing platform (Software-as-a-Service) used by more than 5,000 customers in 100+ countries. We’ve been recognized as one of the best startups to work for (nationally) and a best small business to work for in the Chicago area.
- Are you passionate about helping customers achieve success with a product you believe in?
- Do you want to grow, mentor, and lead a team of dedicated, eager, and intelligent account managers?
- Is making a significant impact on a fast-growing SaaS company intriguing to you?
We pride ourselves on being the best company that our customers do business with. This is backed up by receiving top honors on the product and our support on review sites such as G2 Crowd and Capterra.
If you answered “YES!” to the questions above and align with our service-oriented mission, we believe you'll find our Director of Customer Success opening to be an awesome opportunity.
We’re looking for a proven and motivated customer success leader to drive the company through and beyond its next phase of growth. You’ll be an instrumental part of us achieving our key objectives and will be joining a customer success team with huge potential.
What you’ll do
- Grow, mentor, lead, and scale a team of account managers
- Recruit and train new team members and facilitate continuous training with existing employees
- Implement systems, tools, strategies, and content to drive improvements across key performance indicators for the role
- Foster the professional development of your individual team members so they can continue to grow within the company
- Continuously raise the bar on what’s expected of customer success team members to create a high-performing team
- Drive revenue by improving customer retention, increasing upsells/expansions, and enhancing our customer advocacy strategies
- Optimize our customer success operations in a high-volume environment with a significant number of SMB customers along with mid-market and enterprise ones
- Analyze data to develop new strategies along with KPIs and comp plans for individual reps
- Partner with Customer Outcomes Team which oversees customer content and onboarding along with other departments such as Marketing and Sales
- Create a fun and competitive culture on the customer success team to motivate/help employees to not only do their best work, but also love their job
How you’ll be measured
As the Director of Customer Success, you’ll be evaluated on your individual and team’s performance in several key areas.
Improve retention rates across our entire customer base to support our high growth rate expectations on recurring revenue.
Identify opportunities to drive more upsell/expansion revenue from additional accounts, longer term plans, and more.
Boost NPS/customer satisfaction, build a repeatable process for customer-generated content (reviews, case studies, testimonials, etc.), partner with marketing to run a successful referral program, and more.
What we’re looking for
- Proven track record (3-5+ years) of leading and growing customer success teams in SaaS with an emphasis on team management, coaching, scaling, and the development of new strategic initiatives
- Examples of your ability to consistently exceed customer success goals
- Problem solving skills to create and launch new initiatives (someone who can figure things out)
- Team player who is willing to do what it takes for the success of the company
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other tools/software to support customer success initiatives
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for growth
- Desire for continuous learning and improvement with enthusiasm that inspires others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of improving customer relationships and best ways to help customers of different sizes succeed (SMB, mid-market, enterprise)
- Self-driven leader who sets a strong example for others
What You’ll Love About Spark Hire
- Great Culture – We have in and out of the office activities going on all the time. From celebrating birthdays, happy hours, Cubs games, holiday parties, picnics, friendly competitions, and more!
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment and paid holidays
- Work/Life Balance – We pride ourselves on having a great work/life balance.
- Gym Subsidy - We contribute a significant amount towards a gym membership at the nearby Lifetime Fitness.
- 401(k) - Start saving for your retirement by participating in our 401(k) plan through Human Interest.
Ready to move forward with the next steps? Apply today!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.