Director of Enterprise Partnerships
Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
EmergingEd is a leader in online skills training. We offer online upskilling courses in some of the most in-demand professional development areas to help individuals stay on the leading edge of major trends and emergent knowledge gaps. Our dynamic and innovative team shapes the culture of our company and powers our success. We are not a typical online education company – EmergingEd’s unique approach influences everything we do.
We sincerely care about the career development of working professionals. We support a network of people seeking to positively impact their careers. The EmergingEd team is made up of highly energetic individuals who are relentless in driving forward our mission and support professionals on their path to learning new skills.
The EmergingEd team is looking for an dynamic, team-oriented Director, Enterprise Partnerships (Sales) who will operate as an individual contributor and be responsible for setting and executing sales strategies and plans for EmergingEd solution offerings for corporations. This role will also be responsible for prospecting, cultivating and establishing new relationships with decision makers at corporations with the goal of securing high-impact and successful solution offerings. We are looking for someone who is passionate about professional education and working with corporate leaders to develop market leading value-based solutions. This position reports to the SVP of University Partnerships.
This position is based at our headquarters in the Chicago Loop near both Ogilvie and Union Stations
- Engage with stakeholders at prospective corporations to create, implement and sell EmergingEd solutions
- Develop and execute a contact management strategy and sales presentations that effectively produce opportunities at top prospective partners
- Create strategic territory plan and drive revenue within that territory
- Generate leads from marketing events and trade shows
- Create and implement sales solutions to drive business growth within EmergingEd’s target market of corporations
- Lead effective and compelling conversations across all levels of prospective corporate partners to communicate EmergingEd’s value
- Engage key corporate stakeholders (Directors of Training and Learning, etc.) in problem solving to overcome internal hurdles and keep pipeline moving forward
- Navigate through an enterprise organization to leverage cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Operate as a sales leader to build and manage a healthy pipeline in order to exceed quota
- Act as a quarterback to internal teams at EmergingEd and with the corporation to explore and identify the best solution offerings and scope of services
- Communicate proactively with internal leadership at each phase of the sales process, up to and including solution implementation handoff to ensure a seamless experience for our Corporate partners
- Be the voice of EmergingEd’s Enterprise partners, sharing customer-driven insights across EmergingEd
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of EmergingEd’s customized and value-based solutions
- Regular travel expected and dependent on potential sales opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of sales experience with substantial recent experience in enterprise sales; product and/or software sales experience preferred. Bonus points for experience working in enterprise sales or in a start-up environment
- Thrive in highly complex sales cycles and team-based selling environments
- Demonstrated success in developing complex services relationships:
- Ability to cultivate relationships from the earliest stages
- Excellent sales strategy and selling skills operating in a large scale, complex sales environment
- Proven experience in building and developing senior client relationships
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Proven track record of executing against aggressive growth strategies and delivering sales targets in excess of company expectations
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Deep understanding of the corporate training market and online education service areas
- An enthusiastic self-starter with strong leadership skills who enjoys working in a dynamic team environment
- Is an outstanding verbal and written communicator with great interpersonal and organizational skills
- Embraces accountability and enjoys managing to defined goals and specific expectations
- Relationship oriented vs transaction oriented
- Impeccable integrity
EmergingEd is an equal opportunity employer.