Director, Enterprise Sales at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
The Enterprise Sales Director is a major contributor to SPINS overall growth and profitability. This experienced, successful deal closer is responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, building, managing and growing existing client relationships among our top clients, as well as, developing and then leveraging strategic business relationships. The role requires a strong focus on up-selling and cross-selling to our top clients and securing contract renewals, as well as, new business development. The right candidate has existing relationships within the CPG industry with top retailers at an Executive level and a consultative selling strategy with a strong track record of WINS.
The position reports to the Vice President, Sales, is in the Chicago area, and will require approximately 40-50% travel.
- Identify, prospect, cultivate and grow base of premier SPINS clients
- Exceed defined sales goals through strategic account planning, networking and use of company resources
- Maximize SPINS revenue and profitability potential by up-selling new revenue, raising awareness of SPINS broader portfolio of solutions and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Participate in trade shows, kick-off meetings, major milestone meetings and other opportunistic events where senior decisions makes are present
- Maintain thorough understanding of SPINS solutions and tailor presentations to meet the needs of different types of businesses
- Assist top clients in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions
- Partner with senior SPINS executives to define the optimal performance measurements and management priorities and identify opportunities for new sales
- Input and maintain all prospect and client activity
- Champion change to remain aligned with SPINS vision, goals, the industry, market and client needs
What You Bring
Education and Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of software solutions sales experience: data marketing, analytics, and digital
- 5 years of solution sales into CPG, Food Retailers, or Food Manufacturers a plus
- 2-4 years’ sales management experience in a business-to-business environment
- Strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling of a solutions sale
- Demonstrated success selling to Fortune 1000
- Highly evolved presentation and negotiation skills
- Motivated to advance growth in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company environment
- Proven track record in software solution selling; start-up experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field; MBA or equivalent preferred
- Accomplished change leader who demonstrates flexibility, resilience to setback and is able to drive operating and culture change, and long-term vision to maintain course within constantly changing environment
- Sound administrative skills and highly evolved people management skills
- Able to establish credibility with key executives while driving the preferences and priorities of the organization
- Ability to engage, develop, mentor and lead employees to balance talent strength
- Effective when communicating with technical and non-technical individuals to drive understanding and inspire creativity
- Experienced team leader able to establish performance goals
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Strategic critical thinker with strong business management and development abilities
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions
When we began working from home in 2020, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.