Director, Enterprise Solution Engineering at DocuSign
Director, Enterprise Solution Engineering
Sales & Business Development | US Remote
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Director of Enterprise Solution Engineering is responsible for managing a team of Solution Architects (individual contributors) who support our field sales teams. This team discovers and understands customer business challenges, complex processes, and architectural landscapes in order to build world-class integrated solutions leveraging DocuSign’s platform and suite of products. Through engaging stories and custom-built demonstrations, SAs illustrate the value and benefits of modernizing a prospect’s System of Agreement through DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud offerings. The Director is accountable for coaching and developing these individual contributors, helping them to drive adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
This position reports to the Director of Solution Architects.
- Daily management of CLM and AI/Intelligent Insights Specialist teams
- Lead cross-functional team of CLM experts (SAs, AEs, SEs, Product and Product Marketing) dedicated to reviewing our top CLM deals (Wins/Losses) and refining prescriptive playbooks and readouts
- Creation of competitive playbooks for DocuSign Agreement Cloud for technical sales
- CLM evangelist at company and industry events
- Office hours in partnership with Sales Enablement that could be used to discuss new releases, features, competitive intelligence and current trends in CLM.
- Drive collaboration with the field sales teams to aid in cultivating and securing net-new business with specific focus on DocuSign Agreement Cloud selling motions for CLM and AI/Intelligent Insights products
- Empower team to uncover, comprehend, and document complex business challenges, processes, and enterprise architecture
- Coach team to develop technical credibility and build confidence in recommended solutions leveraging product expertise, custom product demonstrations, business insights, business process diagrams, product roadmap presentations, and driving technical discussion
- Ensure the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in accordance with Rules of Engagement
- Communicate & prioritize product and business needs from the field to appropriate internal teams including Product Development, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement, Support, Professional Services, and others
- Continually assess team operations and make adjustments or policy recommendations to drive team efficiency and collaboration
- Maintain and protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members and leading by example
- Identify & support opportunities for training and professional development of team
- 5+ years of people management experience within software sales
- 8+ years experience in a technical Pre-Sales role selling enterprise level software
- 2+ years experience selling contract life-cycle management solutions
- 10+ years experience in a technical Pre-Sales role selling enterprise level software with at least 8 years managing teams
- Proven success in selling CLM solutions and leading teams that sell CLM products
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university Track record of building, coaching and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class software systems such as ERP, CRM, and ECM
- Proven experience with software system configuration and integration extremely helpful but not required
- Familiarity w/ system integration methods such as web services, SOAP APIs, and REST APIs
- Familiarity with electronic signature concepts a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Willingness to travel 25% or more as needed
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.