At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Director, Inside Sales
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales (Emerging Markets), the Director, Inside Sales is responsible for managing, coaching, teaching and training Human Capital Management Inside Sales Account Executives. The ideal candidate possesses a strong attention to deal, prior experience in people management and an extensive background in successful B2B sales. One of the main responsibilities of an Inside Sales Manager is to oversee the inside sales staff. This includes hiring, training, motivating and providing ongoing professional development opportunities for these employees.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Hire, develop, motivate, coach, and retain an exceptional inside sales team that exceeds quota and performs consistently.
· Collaborate and build relationships with the Emerging Market outside teams for maximum results.
· Teach and train Paylocity sales process to maximize your sales staff potential.
· Present weekly, monthly and/or quarterly sales goals for the inside sales team.
· Monitor actual sales and sales leads.
· Audit CRM regularly to ensure all AEs are achieving weekly metrics.
· Monitor revenue growth and generate reports for sales forecasting, goals and results.
· Evaluate sales processes and procedures to drive results.
· Own territory alignment for Inside Sales Team in partnership with outside sales managers.
· Achieve forecasted sales by following (and, if necessary, adjusting) written plan of action.
· Monitor each salesperson's weekly performance and compare it with that month's objective.
· Monitor monthly department sales expenses.
· Conduct one on ones weekly with each member of the team and provide action plans if for increased performance where Applicable Constructively handle customer concerns related to the inside sales department.
· Develop and adhere to established chain of command for all escalations.
· Conduct regular roundtables to provide additional insight on customer relations.
Education and Experience
State the minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
· 3-5 years of experience in sales management.
· Experience with major account payroll, HR, and time and attendance solutions as well as large, complex organizations.
· Experience in all aspects of the Major Account Payroll space.
· Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-oriented sales force.
· Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.