WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As the Director, Business Development / Director, Sales Development you will need a high level of experience managing a large team of Business Development Representatives as well as outbound prospectors. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience selling and managing SaaS product to Enterprise & SMB-level clients.
Strong candidates will have experience working Enterprise & SMB clients, as well as the ability to coach and lead both an outbound prospecting team in addition to an inbound sales team. Additional experience selling a marketing automation, CRM, email, or analytics solution is highly preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Hire, Nurture, and performance manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Set and execute aggressive new business pipeline strategy and goals
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Alliances and Revenue Operations.
- Maintain integrity of pipeline, sales process, and data acquisition
- Be a proactive representative within the sales leadership team
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience within Sales for Mobile or Marketing Technology required
- At least 2+ years of experience managing a regional team of ENT/SMB representatives (experience managing an outbound prospecting team preferred)
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining high performing business development organization
- A proven connector in your daily life through social media and other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Proven success navigating large organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
- Proven Leadership, SalesOps, and Closing experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.