Director of Sales Enablement at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, strategic, and inspiring Sales Enablement leader to lead a team of enablement specialists and shape programs supporting the new hire program, ongoing enablement, and career development of our Sales teams. Our Sales team is on a mission to empower organizations of all sizes to become better marketers, create stronger relationships with their customers, make more informed decisions, and create the world’s most beloved brands.
The ideal candidate is results-driven and collaborative. This individual will partner with Senior Sales Leadership to identify, prioritize, deliver, and measure sales enablement programs designed to meet and exceed specific sales-related goals and targets. They are naturally curious, delegate and manage projects effectively, and seek accountability by linking their programs to key business metrics. They are an effective listener who is able to build trusted relationships. They recognize that a key to success in this role depends on an ability to influence and inspire others to engage and adopt change.
As the leader of Sales Enablement, you are continuously looking for ways to enable the next level of organizational excellence and aspire to see each of your colleagues achieve their goals and career ambitions. You are working directly with various selling segments to enable sales representatives to engage prospects and customers with differentiated, tailored experiences designed to identify, advance, and close sales opportunities. You are also collaborating closely with the Customer Success and EMEA Enablement Teams, Sales Leadership, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, Organizational Development, and Marketing organizations.
- Demonstrated passion for coaching, training, mentoring, and empowering others
- Proven track record in Sales Enablement in the technology industry (3+ years)
- Experience managing and developing a team is required
- Able to easily build authentic relationships and collaborate effectively with teammates
- Experience defining data-driven strategies and driving successful implementation
- Ability to inspire and influence teams cross-functionally
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex issues, apply frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, and efficiently make decisions/ take action (with leadership and cross-functional teams)
- LMS (Learning Management System) experience is a plus
- Project management and JIRA (or other project management tool) experience is a plus
- Change management experience is a plus
- Experience implementing a Sandler-based sales methodology is a plus
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Vice President of Sales Operations to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Get to know and begin to build working relationships with the Sales Enablement team.
- Start developing relationships with partners across the organization, including Sales Leadership, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, Organizational Development, and Marketing organizations.
- Become familiar with our sales environment and sales processes.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Have direct management responsibility of the Sales Enablement Specialist team, start providing mentorship and guidance to the team, and assist them in the execution of their objectives.
- Develop a point of view on the most effective mechanisms for facilitating enablement, project management, and content management.
- Effectively prioritize the needs of the business in order of impact and urgency by reviewing the available data and running meetings with department stakeholders.
- Begin developing and facilitating enablement programs based on highest priority and needs identified – which include but are not limited to: sales methodology, opportunity management, sales messaging and presentations, product readiness, close plans.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Review monthly metrics to discern the highest potential areas of opportunity for global enablement intervention.
- Own enablement meetings with the global Sales and Customer Success leaders you support to ensure organizational support and consistency among teams.
- Conduct field research to develop expertise on global market differences, industry trends, target personas, and Sprout product capabilities.
- Champion organizational change management to help sales team members adopt and manage through change effectively.
- Continue to build trusted relationships with Sales, Customer Success, and cross-functional teams that you will be supporting.
- Continue to expand the library of enablement content and skills training.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have complete control over enablement strategy for the Sales teams.
- Have a clear view of the impact enablement is having on the business.
- Evolve Sales enablement programs to support continued growth, achievement and capability among the team.
- Consistently and reliably give and receive feedback with peers.
- Become a model leader in Sprout's Sales and Sales Operations organization.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!