Jellyvision is hiring a Director of Sales Operations
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Director of Sales Operations to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
We sell a variety of ALEX flavors to a variety of employers, across a variety of channels (direct, and partners of varying kinds), and new, exciting changes to our offerings just keep coming. The behind-the-scenes magic that keeps this sales machine humming is a complicated web of both internal and external tools and tech systems, data infrastructures, sales funnels, and incentive programs.
As Director of Sales Operations, you’ll be at the helm of structuring and operating the gears of that machine, keeping our systems running smoothly (and efficiently) and creating unprecedented data clarity and accessibility that help to guide the strategic decision making of Revenue leadership, as well as broader Jellyvision decisions.
What you’ll do
- Own the tech stack (architecture and integrations) that underlies the Revenue Organization, including operating our current tools such that they are maximized, efficient, and simply constructed, as well as constantly auditing their performance and surveying the market for new options. You will be responsible for negotiating the best pricing and terms available, and keeping our outsourced systems generating measurable ROI. You will work cross-functionally with marketing operations, product marketing, and the sales enablement teams to ensure immersion and optimization with the rest of our tool set.
- Define the architecture, collection, and goals of our Revenue data. You will be the arbiter of how we best classify, categorize, and structure our sales data to make it jibe with how we need to look at it financially as well as strategically. You will ensure that other departments who play a hand in creating that data, construct it and drive inputs correctly.
- Report and render our data to Revenue and Company Leadership in a way that’s consistent, available, and accurate - this includes tracking and creating visibility into bookings, projections/forecasts, product research needs, and more.
- Work with Sales Leadership (this includes Channel and Direct, New and Renewing business) to analyze and propose the optimal patch, quota, forecasting process, incentive structure and rep ratio setup to achieve our sales goals with the least amount of resources, especially helping to define our Rules of Engagement and appropriate attribution between Channel and Direct sales. Then, construct the tracking and alerting systems that allow for these plans to be monitored and compensated against.
- Manage a team of sales operations and data analysts.
- Reports to the CRO.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 5+ years in revenue, sales, or marketing operations management
- Proven experience in tech software and tools management, including negotiation and procurement responsibility
- A data-centric and analytical approach, with experience guiding and interpreting data analysis
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, someone commonly sought for help or advice
- Ability to work in an evolving environment, with resiliency to change
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Financial Acumen
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, MI, MN, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!