Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for researchers to share their ideas and surplus resources with colleagues to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access resources and expertise from colleagues in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Sales will be responsible for Rheaply Sales Development, Net-New Account Executives, as well as Account Management functions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of SaaS leadership experience and a minimum of 7+ years selling SaaS solutions to Enterprise Customers - ideally in a high-growth, venture backed environment. This individual will have successfully carried a team quota of +$5MM in ARR with a track record of achieving double digit growth year over year.
The role will require extensive experience navigating teams through highly complex sales processes lasting anywhere from 8-14 months, across 5+ internal stakeholders, resulting in 6 figure deal sizes. You will have a deep understanding of how to guide buyers through a seamless and cohesive purchase through the use of prescription and meticulously mapped customer journeys.
- Manage and develop the direct sales team. This will require excellent people management, performance management, and implementation of coaching frameworks across many different roles and competencies.
- Lead the execution of aggressive revenue targets - both net-new as well as retention and growth. This will require a commitment to day-to-day operational rigor including pipeline development and review, training, hiring, performance management, and best practice socialization.
- Own forecasting while also managing performance against key performance indicators across all direct revenue functions.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering and Product to accelerate sales cycles, generate new sales opportunities and drive revenue through multiple channels
- Develop a deep understanding of the Rheaply product and customer, ensuring sales processes maintain alignment with customer buying behavior and industry trends.
- Act as player/coach when necessary, supporting your team in bringing deals in all stages through the funnel. You will lead by example, exemplifying the Rheaply sales process in the field with an ability to handle strategic customer conversations with confidence.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of all stages of the buying journey from business development and inbound/outbound lead generation to customer retention and use case expansion.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ years of Enterprise SaaS experience, a minimum of 3+ of which were spent leading a team of individual contributors.
- Proven track record of effectively developing and managing a team of sales professionals - ranging from sales development representatives to strategic account management.
- Proven success scaling and developing teams.
- Experienced with the demands of a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Must have a strong executive presence, excellent communications skills and demonstrate cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience in a fast-paced, B2B startup environment especially at the Post-Seed/Series A stage of maturity.
- Experience working directly under senior management/executive leadership in support of a significant (> $5MM) venture-backed fundraise.