Director of Sales at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:25 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 11, 2021
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what's the role?
We’re looking for an experienced sales leader to oversee Kin’s sales efforts. You’ll work side by side with our marketing, support, and product teams to help generate strong growth for the organization. You’ll manage a team of sales managers, helping them and their teams grow to their full potential.
In addition to the sales leadership, you should enjoy the project side of sales, always looking to optimize revenue, processes and the customer experience. Kin is changing the way customers find and obtain insurance. Help us continue to grow our customer base and change an entire industry!
A day in the life could include:
- Coaching and mentoring a team of 3-5 sales managers, who are each managing 10-15 Sales Agents
- Recruiting and training top tier sales management talent
- Identify opportunities for improvement across all communication mediums (phone, chat, sms, and email)
- Explore new channels for growth including new lead sources, tech assisted sales, and partnerships
- Roll out process, compliance, and product changes, ensuring we are always better than the day before.
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 8+ years experience in B2C sales and sales leadership within call center or other non-SaaS environment
- Experience in a startup environment or fast growing company
- Management of teams responsible for $50mm+ annual revenue
- Expertise training and rolling out new processes to a large, distributed team
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Analytical - you can put together reports and make recommendations based on findings
- Collaborative - you are comfortable working with people from across all departments to drive great user experiences and conversion
Bonus skills but not at all required:
- Work experience in a highly regulated industry (insurance, health, finance, etc)
- Experience with high LTV product sales
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that fits your needs. These are just some of the benefits and perks we offer:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office
Read Full Job Description