Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Upwork Enterprise Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market, large and Strategic enterprises. Many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2020. As a result, more companies are moving towards solutions like ours and many are using online staffing platforms to adopt this shift. Today 30% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done.
We are looking for a Director of Strategic Accounts to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a proven leader with a startup mentality who can roll up their sleeves, build teams and grow the business.
- Build and lead a team of Strategic Account Managers and create a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching and training.
- Develop plans and strategies for expanding existing accounts within the Fortune 100 business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Create a detailed, accurate and predictable sales forecast and monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to overall customer satisfaction and retention.
- Partner with marketing, product, and delivery to build world-class customer programs and ensure tight coordination and collaboration across Sales, Solutions, and Program Success.
- Roll up your sleeves to prospect and help close deals.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 10+ years of sales management experience.
- Documented success leading teams selling recruitment technology to Enterprise organizations.
- Ability to sell into multiple departments within a single company.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience in a startup environment, selling a service that is new to the marketplace.
- Demonstrated experience with building and successfully scaling sales processes.
- Ability to adapt quickly depending on the sales need.
- Coaching and mentoring salespeople through deals.
- Experience with a “land and expand” sales philosophy highly preferred.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.