Director of Strategic Growth, Getaways
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Getaways team at Groupon focuses on one of the most dynamic industries there is - travel. Groupon Getaways is entering an exciting chapter of growth and evolution. Getaways inspires our customers to travel by working with a broad range of hoteliers and tour operators to develop a mix of options that best meet the needs of our local customers. We focus on relationships big and small, working with large hotel chains and boutique Bed & Breakfasts, crafting every deal by listening to the needs of the business. Our obsession is putting together offerings that will delight our customers and help them make life less boring.
The Director of Strategic Growth is the right hand to the General Manager. They are responsible for leading key growth initiatives and strategic business development initiatives for Groupon Getaways. They will lead a global team that oversees analytics, revenue management, planning, quality, merchandising, customer marketing, change management and business marketing. This Director leads and provides guidance and support to the Head of Sales and the Head of Product & Operations to maintain strategic alignment in execution. They will also be responsible for negotiating strategic agreements with travel companies, demand sources, and technology suppliers.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- Collaborate with the General Manager of the Getaways business unit on a multi-year strategy
- Act as a key member of the travel leadership team, shaping and making key decisions to drive gross profit every day
- Act as a thought leader to develop and execute key initiatives against the strategy
- Negotiate strategic partnerships with various travel and technology companies
Interface with senior leadership to set and execute department plans against revenue and customer goals and to communicate key insights and recommendations
Use analytical insights to inform customer experience, marketing strategy, product strategy, and overall revenue strategy
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Operations, Product Development and Engineering teams in order to manage priorities, timelines and delivery expectations
We're excited about you if you have:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience; 3+ years within travel, major hotel chain, distribution, OTA
- At least 5 years managing global teams, and 5 years of complex contract negotiation and new business development.
- Experience in any of the following areas a plus: partnership development and management, loyalty programs, technology platforms, eCommerce
- Bachelor's degree required
- You have extensive experience presenting to senior leadership
- You're comfortable in ambiguous, dynamic environments
- You're analytical and able to make decisions based on real data
You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when your team is faced with new challenges or tough sales situations, you help them face them head-on
You have proven levels of dedication and ownership required to succeed at start-up speed
- You're able to coordinate effectively across multiple functional areas with competing priorities and deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, relationship building with technical and business people
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.