Director, Strategy Portfolio Management Mexico
This role is responsible for supporting Grainger’s business in Mexico and their request of US IT resources. Work with key business leaders in the Mexico business to understand current state of business needs and future tech strategies. Simultaneously works with US based IT leaders to prioritize Mexico initiatives in context of overall enterprise initiatives.
This role will require up to 50% travel to Mexico as well as travel within the United States depending on where candidate is located. During your time in Mexico you will be consulting with a broad array of leaders in the Grainger’s Mexican business on opportunities to improve overall performance metrics. On occasion you will meet with field based sales agents and team members working in our distribution centers. Our headquarters is located in Lake Forest, Illinois. You will be required to meet with IT leadership to clarify and prioritize initiatives developed by Grainger’s Mexican leadership.
This role is part of a broader team that is responsible for the IT spend of Grainger’s global business units. You will have peers who support our businesses in Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, and Asia. You will be expected to collaborate with your peers to solve problems. You will also work closely with the US based Business Technology Planning team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 10+ years working in a relationship driven/influence based field (consulting, financial planning, technology sales, etc.)
- Familiarity with large scale enterprise systems
- Strong financial acumen and experience with business case development
- Strategic thinking in planning sessions with executive leadership
- Familiarity with Agile and Jira
- Desire to identify and leverage best demonstrated practices in a global enterprise
- Previous experience with cross border reporting relationships