What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles:
The B2B Ecommerce Sales Manager is responsible for leading Ahold Delhaize USA's market-wide approach to providing grocery delivery service to commercial accounts who utilize a RFP/RFQ approach to purchasing. This role will drive improved performance of existing B2B business customers and develop plans to maximize sales growth and manage gross profit margin. The B2B Sales Manager will develop materials and execute an outside sales approach to acquire new accounts. This position also acts as the B2B customer advocate, collaborating cross-functionally with all ADUSA brands including Peapod Digital Labs (PDL is our sister company providing digital and e-commerce solutions). The B2B Sales Manager also needs to understand, anticipate, and report on customer needs/barriers to ensure the service model is driving increased sales/customer satisfaction.
What's "in store" for role:
- Develop commercial strategies and roadmaps to deliver the B2B sales and margin goals
- Build understanding and metrics around top B2B customer groups for the purpose of service improvement and acquisition
- Create targets for new customers, order size and reorder rates needed to deliver quarterly and annual sales goals
- Travel regularly across the assigned region(s) to visit both current and potential customer accounts
- Partner with PDL customer service teams to setup new accounts, analyze recent performance and address gaps
- Contribute ideas and insights in support of ADUSA's eCommerce omnichannel commercial plan and customer experience
- Build and share reports and insights based on recent B2B performance data (sales, units, customers, baskets, repeat, penetration, etc.)
- Conduct periodic competitive reviews to understand the strategy and offering of alternatives
- Partner with relevant ADUSA stakeholders to develop tests and promotions aimed at improving customer acquisition/retention
- Deliver regular recommendations to operating teams (supply chain, marketing, merchandising) to improve customer satisfaction and drive sales
Key Ingredients (the required stuff):
- 5+ years experience in an outside selling role
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 1+ years finding, answering, and winning RFP's / RFQ's
- Bids (RFI's, RFQ's, RFP's, GPO's) – proactive approach to finding, organizing, answering, and competing on bids for food and beverage delivery
- Communication – Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated selling ability
- Collaboration – ability to build solid working relationships and influence both in-person and remotely across the organization at all levels
- Entrepreneurial Thinking – a self-starter with a strong sense of accountability and ownership of the business with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Project Management – strong organizational skills including prioritization, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Experimentation – not afraid to test & learn continuously; excels in dealing with ambiguity and loves a challenge
- Reporting – strives for continuous improvement by analyzing and sharing key results; uses reporting and forecasting to make informed business decisions
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.