eCommerce Merchandising Specialist, Zoro
eCommerce Merchandising Specialist
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
- The eCommerce Merchandising Specialist is responsible for online category and product merchandising and onsite search strategies; this individual will report to the Sr. Manager of Merchandising Operations.
- Develop, implement, and optimize all onsite search functionalities in order to improve findability and customer-facing experiences
- Strategically merchandise categories and products under supervision of the Sr. Merchandising Manager.
- Improve Zoro’s onsite search effectiveness via customer analytics, testing and continuous process improvement
- The role reports directly to the Sr. Merchandising Manager and will have no direct reports
- Support merchandising roadmaps to positively influence product categories through digital eCommerce channels
- Optimize onsite search activity using analytics to recommend rules, facet management, thesaurus entries, redirects and more
- Marry customer needs with category merchandising best practices, and help define best in class customer/category online experiences
- Update and modify internal search tools in order to promote onsite search growth and visibility
- Understand category and product level behaviors in order to improve relevancy of search results and merchandise effectively
- Create and execute onsite search merchandising activities that can be shared across multiple products/categories
- Position products and promotions that are relevant to the customer and will drive revenue growth via onsite search
- Create and modify dynamic search-related landing pages to support an improved onsite experience
- Provide requirements to UX and UI team for new templates & cartridges that support landing pages
- Work closely with multiple teams (SEM, Marketplace, Product, SEO) to develop, implement and grow onsite search & merchandising processes that can be scaled to meet customer demands
- Monitor all facets of onsite search related activity (triggers, rules, biases, etc) and analyze individual effectiveness
- Responsible for an assortment of products and categories’ online performance and growth, representing Zoro.com product sales.
- Drive Sales, conversion, and AOV by utilizing and recommending new tools, technologies or processes to improve merchandising capabilities onsite and in mobile platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 yrs. experience in eCommerce merchandising
- Experience managing a large assortment of product for onsite merchandising
- Experience managing a portfolio of digital products, websites and mobile
- Experience in SEM, SEO and onsite search
- Experience with SOLR, Endeca, GroupBy Searchandiser, Google Search Appliance or similar Onsite search engines
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Site Catalyst or similar tools
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- This role requires an entrepreneurial individual with strong hands on eCommerce expertise.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.