Emerging Markets Account Executive - Chicago at Paylocity
The Emerging Markets Account Executive is responsible for prospecting and developing small business sales relationships with potential clients and closing new and expanded sales agreements. The Emerging Markets Account Executives at Paylocity work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven, and targets small businesses. The best Emerging Markets Account Executives are hunters, capable of creating their own activity in the field and constantly looking for that next sale. A strong predictor of success for an Account Executive, is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional prospecting skills, the ability to be persistent (but not pushy), and has a passion for what is being sold!
What You’ll Do:
• Determine prospective customers’ needs for Payroll, Human Resources and identify product solutions to solve those needs.
• Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
• Complete and obtain documentation required for the conversion of data from their previous payroll provider.
• Work directly with internal departments to insure the client has a smooth transition to their new payroll provider.
• Using initiative, develop prospects through telemarketing, referrals, professional and personal contacts and other sources.
• Build relationships with CPA’s as well as other referral sources
• Maintain contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
• Attend Paylocity-sponsored trade shows, conferences and other events to promote Paylocity products and services
• Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota for your territory.
• Other duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
• Ongoing, first-class sales and product training on Paylocity processes and products
• Fantastic leaders and mentors – true industry experts - to set you up for success
• Competitive salary, uncapped commissions and incentive opportunities
• Huge potential in a growing salesforce
Education and Experience:
- Industry experience required
- • 1-2 years’ experience in a sales position
- • Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- • Ability to maintain high activity standards
- • Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections throughout the sales cycle
- • Customer service orientation
- • Strong presentation skills
- • Strong written and oral communication skills
- • Strong organizational and time management skills
- • Proficiency with MS Office applications and other Web-based tools