Enterprise Account Executive, Growth at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will prospect, develop and close new sales opportunities within our existing customer base. You will be responsible for driving new business for Sprout Social's suite of solutions in the enterprise segment by partnering closely with your Customer Success Manager. You’ll be supported in your mission by our stellar sales support team that includes Business Development Representatives (BDRs), Solutions Engineers, Professional Services and more.
We need an energetic, driven individual with keen understanding of a client organization’s social media management needs. If you’re the best at what you do and have a strong command of social media for business, we’d love to talk with you.
- Proven success selling/cross-selling complex enterprise solutions
- Consistent overperformance in previous roles
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions
- Ability to manage a large number of prospective accounts and identify problems, opportunities and provide solutions for each of them
- Easily builds authentic relationships and collaborates closely with teammates
- Accurately forecasts and manages pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s 3-week new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Enterprise to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet with current members of the Enterprise Sales team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Shadow Account Executive’s on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with your entire book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand the contractual language of all your customers and where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing customers.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment.
- Co-build account & territory plans with your BDR, Professional Services & Customer Success teammates.
- Regularly meet with your BDR to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the risk of churn.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business".
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
- Consistently achieve your revenue targets.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Mentor and develop your BDR to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!