Enterprise Account Executive
JELLYVISION NEEDS AMAZING, EXPERIENCED ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
You will be contributing to the growth of ALEX by generating sales for customers within our Enterprise Segment, meaning, you will be selling to employers with anywhere from 800 to 6,000 benefits-eligible employees.
You will work closely with our outbound appointment setters to map your territory and generate meetings, then work your way through HR hierarchies to ensure that we know the timing of the buy, the purchasing process, and which decision makers need to be at the table to make the deal happen. And you’ll need to do all that prospecting, networking, relationship building, and jumping through procurement hoops in a way that keeps the experience delightful for our customers.
The Account Executive will be responsible for:
- A pro-rated $300k+ quota in your first year, $600,000 thereafter generating net new business with employers with 800-6000 benefits-eligible employees.
- Building a thorough territory plan that takes into consideration:
- Key Channel Partnerships
- Buying Group Complexity
- A Seasonal Selling Cycle
- Managing a sales cycle that can be complex and long – or sometimes incredibly short if you talk to the right people at the right time. Throughout the process, you should plan on leveraging your creativity to keep a dialogue going with dozens of key prospects. On average, an Enterprise sales cycle lasts approximately 3-4 months from initial contact to close.
- Storytelling is a big part of Jellyvision’s sales methodology. You will need to master the art of storytelling, along with the science of sales in order to succeed.
- Deliver engaging presentations online and occasionally in person with executive level decision makers.
- Negotiating price and contractual terms with all new customers. You must be skilled at identifying who is going to be involved in approving the purchase (legal, CFOs, CEOs, etc.)
- Since you will have been the main point of contact throughout the long sales process when the deal reaches the contract negotiation stage, you’ll be the driving force to keep potential deals moving through the procurement process smoothly, all while exhibiting constant Jellyvision charm.
- Finally, be prepared to become close friends with Salesforce.com. We’re meticulous about tracking everything and expect you to be as well.
WHAT KIND OF SKILLS SHOULD I HAVE?
We’re looking for smart, seasoned, likable, numbers-driven sales folks who are used to blowing their quotas out of the water and are looking for a new challenge. We’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience:
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the technology industry selling B2B. A solid technology, agency, or benefits background selling into large organizations (Fortune 1000) would be helpful. We’re looking for sales folks who have experience meeting and beating a quota in the neighborhood of seven figures.
- Experience working your way through the purchasing process at large companies.
- Killer sales instincts and drive. Someone with a good gut for which opportunities are worth running down.
- Excellent market research skills, coupled with great instincts for the market. You’ll need to be great at market research and analysis to evaluate the market for ALEX and develop a winning sales strategy.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be maintaining a large pipeline of leads and opportunities, so the ability to keep everything sorted out is key.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Mad people skills. You’ll need to make a killer first impression, and then maintain active engagement with new and existing leads by being creative in your follow up efforts.
- You must be a relationship builder – interacting with prospective clients in a way that projects Jellyvision’s sense of fun, wit, and charm.
- You should also have the ability to challenge people in a charming way.
- Great listening skills, as well as humility.
- Innate curiosity and the ability to act on it. You’ll have to be able to quickly understand prospects’ industry and core business processes, and how our solution could solve some of their problems.
- Technical savvy - or at least a comfort level by discussing and understanding technical issues. We need someone who can learn and understand product solutions and features.
- Ability to play well with others. Sales at Jellyvision is a team effort. You’ll work closely with the other sales team members, the marketing team, and members of the creative, engineering, and implementation staffs.
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!