Enterprise Sales Executive
Interested in a highly visible sales position working with Groupon's largest brands?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Enterprise Sales team focuses on forming relationships with some of the nation’s top national retailers. We spend our days learning about what makes these brands thrive and how to maximize these relationships to ensure long-standing, mutually impactful partnerships with these brands. We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we’re using the latest technology to build products that help businesses thrive in ways they couldn't have dreamed of before.
The Enterprise Sales Executive will generate new relationships and drive business with top brands in specific categories across North America. It requires a consultative, client-facing approach towards forming relationships with Fortune 500 companies. You have the ability to exercise patience with a longer sales cycle, and persistence to get business closed. But above all you'll have a strategy. You think well on-your-feet, and you know how to align the suite of Groupon products to your prospect’s needs. You have a successful track record of attracting large merchants to Groupon and/or generating significant revenue by upselling current merchants on new Groupon products. We want engaging individuals with clear reasons why they are driven to sell for Groupon. This position is located in Chicago.
- Closes high-value retail and service clients for Groupon with an accurate understanding of prospect needs tailoring and positioning Groupon’s suite of products to drive maximum value to all parties
- Facilitates, prepares and conducts daily sales conversations and contract negotiations
- Manages a pipeline of national merchants and exceed quarterly sales goals
- Develops familiarity with merchants' business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue and profit drivers
- Develops an expert knowledge of the Groupon platform and services and audience and communicate and sell up to the C-level
- Ability to include multiple partners and members of the company management team using strategic selling to position company products against direct and indirect competitors
- Collaborates with other individuals on the Enterprise team, Operations and Account management teams
- Works independently to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Maintains up-to-date account plans and keep organized records of activities
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors
- Experience hosting and entertaining prospects and clients
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated success in a complex sales environment; preferably in national ecommerce or technical sales
- Experienced in a quota-bearing capacity and understand the various stages of the sales cycle; experience carrying a revenue target with the ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results
- You possess the energy, determination and will to successfully seek new opportunities every day
- You have excellent verbal, math and written communication skills and be able to present solutions in both small and large group settings.
- Demonstrate high degrees of diligence and accountability and can point to respective personal results
- You are professional, high integrity, persistent, organized and results driven
- You are ambitious, high-performing and highly energetic teammate who is creative and resourceful
- Experience using CRM systems, specific experience with salesforce.com, PowerPoint, Excel
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.