Enterprise Sales Manager
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for a driven, self-starter sales executive to join our growing team. As an Enterprise Sales Manager, you will evangelize the BenchPrep platform to designated market segments, generate demand and facilitate change for prospective customers. You own the entire sales process from start to finish by maintaining an active lead funnel and pipeline, nurture opportunities with a consultative approach, and close deals to exceed revenue targets. You have strong presentation skills to demonstrate the strength of our platform in person or virtually, and keep up to date on the e-learning industry in order to communicate current trends.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Ownership of the sales cycle from open to close
- Identify opportunities by expanding business through discovery and effective consultative sales process
- Navigate through institutions to build numerous relationships with key buyers
- Develop and execute sales strategies to keep an active pipeline and lead funnel
- Effectively communicate our value proposition and ROI virtually and in person
- Create and sustain a solution based sales atmosphere with prospects and customers
- Use our CRM system to accurately maintain prospect and customer data, manage activities, lead funnel, and current pipeline
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the sales team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
You should have:
- 5+ years in B2B SaaS sales
- Experience working with Enterprise level sales ($100K and above)
- Proven success in reaching and exceeding sales quotas of over $750K annually
- Can effectively conduct presentations over the phone and through the web
- Motivated by challenges, and excited to grow our customer base through customer outreach, education, and solution-based selling techniques
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Experience in professional training/education industry, preferred
- Experience in a startup environment, preferred
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.